Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, February 05, 2018

Monday

๐ŸŽˆ     ๐ŸŽˆ
This morning when I got up it was windy, cold and snowing, but it was supposed
to be sunny by mid morning.  So I decided to wait and walk when
the sun was out.

Mid morning it was still snowing and it was hard to believe that we
would see the sun today.
It finally stopped snowing late morning but instead of going for a walk
I shoveled the driveway yet again.  Ken was out there too with the snow blower.

After lunch we went to the church and Ken plowed the parking lot
while I did some shoveling where the plow couldn't go.
By this time the sun was out and shining brightly.

I never did get out for a walk but I think I got enough exercise in with
all the snow shoveling.

Count your blessings and have a happy day.
happyone  ๐Ÿ’•
 Today I'm thankful for:
  • a sunny afternoon
  • Ice cream
  • a husband who makes supper once in a while

16 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Beautiful pictures; but it looks very cold. It is still cold here in the UK; but no snow ... yet!

God bless you and your family.

Adam said...

pretty bridge

Tom said...

...interesting things to be thankful for!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

You guys certainly got lots of exercise while doing service too.

Ruth Hiebert said...

With all that shovelling,you must have had your fair share of exercise.

The Furry Gnome said...

Some interesting new pictures today.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I am back in blogland. Nice to check in and see how things are going with you. I hope to visit again soon. I have missed you. :-)

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the sunny afternoons are wonderful. I love the bridge scene. Wishing you a happy day!

Happy@Home said...

I would say you definitely got your exercise in with all of that snow removal.
How nice that the sun put in an appearance.

Leslie said...

Beautiful. Great things to be thankful for. My husband will cook supper sometimes also, it's a nice treat but.... he uses so much butter that although it's delicious I'm afraid our arteries can't sustain it. ; )
Happy Tuesday

Dianna said...

What a lovely shot of the bridge. Is that near by you? You certainly got plenty of exercise without the walk yesterday.

Rose said...

Just popping by...that last line...thankful for a husband who cooks supper once in a while. I sure miss Roger's cooking...before his stroke, he would cook every now and then. Sometimes often, sometimes few and far between. He was a good cook.

Christine said...

What a great first photo & lovely bridge too! Is it in one of the parks?
You did get a workout with so much shovelling!

Sandi said...

What a beautiful bridge!

happyone said...

The bridge is in the town of Oakland on a walking path.

happyone said...

The bridge is in Oakland.