Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Lunch Out

The sun trying very hard to break through the clouds.
It eventually did and I had sun and blue sky on some of my walk.
Left the house at 6:35 and it was 42 degrees with a bit of a breeze.

Walked straight through town, up Barn Sale for a little bit, and then
down toward Happy Trails, and back to town.
Went around both cemeteries. 

 Came across Lisa running around one of them.
We stopped and she told me her new happy news.  
She will be a first time grandma come September.

Continued my walk around town and over to the ball park loop,
 and then made my way home.
So nice hearing all the birds again in the morning.
Walked 6 miles
💙     💙
A typical morning doing all the normal morning chores.

We met up with the Super Seniors from church for lunch at Uno's.
There were 16 of us there and we enjoyed a good meal and a fine time.
I got the Berry and Goat Cheese Salad  - it was very good and
I'd for sure get it again.

Later this afternoon when we were back home
I walked over to the post office to mail a birthday card
to our brother in law.
Then stopped in at the library, where I picked up a book that was on hold for me.
( In This Mountain)
Also checked out another book from the new book section.
So much for only reading the books at home on my shelf like I said I was
going to a couple of days ago. 
Just couldn't help myself this time.
I don't need the large print but I like reading large print books.
So much easier on the eyes.

Life is Good
Count your blessings and have a happy day.
happyone  💕

12 comments:

Christine said...

More good news sure makes for another very happy day!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

You are so good at sticking with your walking. I have not been good the last two weeks. Hoping to get back to it! That salad sounds like something I would love as well.
hugs,
Jann

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh how I love your new banner at the top of your blog! And the books look good. Enjoy your evening! Hugs!

Dianna said...

I always enjoy Jan Karon's books! Your new header is so pretty, Karen.

ellen b said...

Another good day to walk. That's a good super seniors group. Have a good rest of the week!

Tom said...

...changing your mind is OK.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That first picture with the sun trying to peek through the clouds is beautiful.

Adam said...

I remember the day my mother found out she was going to be a grandma. Now she's got way too many

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wishing you the best of time.

God bless.

Happy@Home said...

Your new header photo is so pretty and peaceful looking. The Super Seniors lunch sounds like fun and the salad you ordered sounds tasty. I've never eaten at Uno's, but I think we have them here. Must check that out.

M.K. said...

I've also enjoyed the birds singing outside in the early morning lately. They are quite loud and perky, as if to say, "We are HERE, and it's time for spring NOW!" I don't know if you're on facebook, or if you read much Jan Karon, but there's a facebook group started by a friend of mine -- they read and talk about Karon's books, and they seem like a friendly, fun group. You could join if you wanted to.

happyone said...

I've started the Mitford series and like them a lot. Plan on reading the whole series.
No, I'm not on FB.