Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

A spring/summer like day

One of the benefits of an early morning walk is to see the sunrise.

My usual 6 mile walk.
Very warm this morning at 57 degrees and once again all the snow is gone.
A bit windy and a mix of sun and clouds.

Geese on the little town pond.
Back to my walk all over town up and down all the streets.
A couple loops around each of the cemeteries and the ball park loop.
Perfect weather for a pleasant walk.
💙     💙
The weather was spring/summer like today.
After breakfast and doing a few house chores I went outside.
The temperature was in the mid 60's, sunny and made it up to 70.
Much too nice to be in the house.
I decided to do some work in the garden along the front walk.
Cut down all the dead flowers and spruced things up a bit.
Thought I'd get a little head start while the weather was so nice.
This is just a tease because there is no doubt that it will be cold again and snow.
The before picture.
The after picture.
Look what I spotted and it is only February.
Daffodils 
After lunch I walked over to the library to pick up the latest book
club book.  The book club used to meet at 5:30 on Wednesday night
which is a church night so Ken would pick me up a little early at 6:30 
and then we went to church.
The time has been changed to the second Thursday of the month
at 11:00 in the morning.  Now I'll be able to stay for the whole meeting. 

It's been such a warm day that I even sat out on the front
porch and read for a little while.
Time now to go and make supper.

Life is Good
Count your blessings and have a happy day.
happyone  💕

13 comments:

Tom said...

...gorgeous way to start the day.

Anonymous said...

Love the photos.. YEA We finally got the rain..OMWORD I hope my garden will be ok, it has been raining since last night lol

Sandi said...

Looks like fire in the sky!

Thanks for your comment on my post today.

Michelle said...

Nice to see the Daffs and the Geese! Both welcome sights!

Adam said...

I've never belonged to a book club, though in school they tried to force us to read.

M.K. said...

At first I thought your first photo was a fire! Gorgeous color. Wow - good job on your front beds! It looks great. We also had a warm day, nearly 80 degrees. We are doing yard work too. So much to do, and I'm so eager to do it!

Ruth Hiebert said...

The sky looks to be on fire in those first two pictures. WOW! That is so beautiful.

Dianna said...

What a gorgeous sunrise!

Happy@Home said...

GORGEOUS sunrise. These first warm days of the year do tend to call us outside to "play". Nice progress you made in your flower beds. I hope to do some of that here today as it is supposed to be in the low 70s.

happyone said...

I've always loved to read, no one ever had to 'force' me to read. : )
Through the book club I've read some books that I would never have picked to read on my own and they ended up being some of my favorite books.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Like you, we have gotten use to temps here in Texas in the 60s and upper 70s........but today...........very cold....low 30s!
Such lovely photos!

Debby Ray said...

Oh, that glorious sky! It's amazing what the change of the weather does to it...absolutely breathtaking!

Christine said...

Beautiful spring like day with you too! Amazing the difference a day makes!