Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

The tree is up

A bit too cold for walking this morning.  It was 9 degrees and windy.
If it was calm and sunny it would be okay but with the wind I decided to stay home.

I finally got the Christmas tree up and decorated today. 🎄
I know not many people put tinsel on their trees anymore, but to me the tree
just doesn't seem finished without it.
It makes me smile to see the tinsel flutter and glisten when I walk by.
 Picture didn't come out so great because of the window
but here it is.
Santa  🎅

We are going to have a gas fireplace in the new house and we went looking
for one today but didn't find one we liked yet.

We've had snow flurries, some sun, but it was stayed cold in the teens.

A happy day to you.
happyone  😊

"The universal joy of Christmas is certainly wonderful.
We ring the bells when princes are born,
or toll a mournful dirge when great men pass away.
Nations have their red-letter days, their carnivals and festivals,
but once a year and only once, the whole world stands still 
to celebrate the advent of a life."
~Unknown

22 comments:

Adam said...

Daisy put ours up, I hate doing it myself, too much work

Tom said...

...9 is a tad cold to be out unless you have to be!

Christine said...

You have a great bay window for your tree to be seen & lots of pretty Christmas decorations around it!

ellen b said...

Brrrr...9 degrees! That is cold. Our tree is not up yet.

John's Island said...

Your tree looks great. If I could change anything it would be to ask Ken to set up a little train there running around the bottom of the tree. :-) It does look a bit chilly outside. Do you expect a white Christmas?

Inger said...

What a pretty tree! And the snow, so lovely to look at. Here it was minus 4 this morning and then 68 now. It's way too hot, way too much sunshine, I hope it will change soon.

Michelle said...

Tinsel was always on the tree when I was a child. I have used it myself, for many years. Not Christmas without it!

happyone said...

We usually do have a white Christmas. Not sure yet for this year.

happyone said...

Wow that is some temperature change!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Your tree looks wonderful. I too like how tinsel looks on the tree,but don't have any on mine at this time.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The wind sure makes it feel a lot colder! That's a pretty window to decorate! Holiday hugs!

Rose said...

I was thinking the other night I have not used tinsel in years, and I won't with the cats. But I sort of miss it..always loved it when I was a kid.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, your tree is beautiful. I like the Angel. We had some snow overnight.
Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

Aritha V. said...

Nice tree! Love the photo. Brrr, cold. Time for warm, knitted socks and hot chocolate and cookies. Have a good Thursday.

Melanie said...

I can't begin to even try to catch up here while I've been absent but I'll attempt in snatches. I especially want to see the progress regarding the house building. Lovely tree! What a pretty sight it must be from outside as well!

Debby Ray said...

We have always called your tinsel "icicles"...ever since I was little and we always had them on our tree. I heard recently that they are coming back! It was always my favorite part of the tree decorations. Stay warm!

Pom Pom said...

Your tree is pretty! I'm glad you stayed in and didn't brave that freezing weather, Karen.

Sue said...

Your tree is so pretty, I am a tinsel girl, would not have a tree with out it. ~smile~
Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

Retired Knitter said...

The tree looks lovely. We don't do tinsel since the year I pulled some tinsel out of my cat's butt. Sorry to be so gross about it, but it is the truth. I put shiny bows on the tree to make up for the lack of tinsel. I was raised with tinsel on trees. I don't miss it anymore.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your tree looks great.

All the best Jan

o2bhiking said...

Lovely tree. 9 degrees - my goodness! That's New England weather!

Vee said...

Those days sure were cold. My daughter moved in with me for a couple of days because it was too cold in the little house.