Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, December 16, 2017

Roads

The last couple of days have not been conducive for walking 
so I've taken laps around the house for some exercise.

A busy day yesterday and no time for blogging.
All of us in who meet for the Blankets for Babies ministry at my church
met up at Sandy's house for a Christmas luncheon.
We had a great get together with good eats and a lot of fun.

In the evening Ken and I went out for Mexican Train Night.
It had been a while since we all got together to play and we had a lot
of fun.  Tricia is a GOOD cook and we had salad, cream of potato soup,
her famous rolls and for dessert she made a pumpkin roll up.
 We didn't get home till just before midnight.
For us old folks that was a late night out.

Today we went down to LaVale to get some shoes.
Both of us need a new pair.
Work shoes for Ken and walking shoes for me.
Sorry to say neither of us came home with shoes.
Stopped in Martin's too and picked up a few groceries for supper tonight.

Not much else happening around here today.
I'm hoping to get some reading down when I get off the computer.
Looking forward to supper tonight which will be Sweet and Sour Chicken.  

Hope your day is a happy one.
happyone  🎈

A couple pictures from yesterday driving down the road.


"Tradition:  sit with husband in a room lit only by tree lights
and remember that our blessings outnumber the lights.
Happy Christmas to all."
~ Betsy Canas

16 comments:

Tom said...

...your roads look like mine today, well perhaps I have a bit more snow.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I like pictures with roads on them.They lead the eye to a distant point.Just makes it interesting.

Christine said...

Wintry roads for sure! Glad you made your errands out safely there and back.
We had Chinese food for dinner tonight - so tasty!

Sandi said...

I like the tradition at the end!

Pom Pom said...

I'm sure you'll be out on the road soon. I hope you find some good shoes!

Adam said...

I hate winter roads, we aren't prepared for them in SC

Ruta M. said...

The snow looks pretty but it is better to stay safe. No sign of snow down here by the estuary but there was snow out on Exmoor. Not worrying about the state of the roads is one of the good things about our move to town.

Inger said...

I love to see the snowy roads. And I have decided that my next several crochet projects will be baby blankets that I can donate.

Rose said...

Beautiful shots...your day yesterday sounds busy. I hope you have better luck the next time you go shoe shopping!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the views of the snowy scenes and roads look pretty. I just do not like driving in snow and ice. I like the quote and Christmas lights. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week!

Patti said...

Beautiful, but not too good for walking. Sorry you didn't find any shoes. Hubby's visiting his dad in WV this weekend. His Garmin took him off the interstate Friday and routed him through a maze of streets in Cumberland for some reason.

happyone said...

Cumberland is just about an hour down I68 from us.

Debby Ray said...

Beautiful snowy roads!

Vee said...

Oh that is a beautiful quote... I like the view down the road that has no traffic!

Lowcarb team member said...

I always think snowy roads look pretty, until you have to drive on them!

All the best Jan

M.K. said...

What gorgeous photos! I love that snowy road.