Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, November 18, 2017

Last of the vintage cards

This morning the temperature was up to 46 degrees when I started walking.
A beautiful morning sky to start the day.
But it only lasted a couple of minutes and then it was cloudy.
And not long after, a light drizzle started and it was on and off all
during my walk.  
I was wet by the time I got home but it wasn't cold so it wasn't a problem.

Walked the Farm Loop.  It has been a while sine I walked there and it was 
nice to get up that way again.  
Not one single car passed me along the 3 mile stretch of road.
Down by the Dairy Farm the 6 little yippy dogs were all outside.
Two of them came after me but I walked backwards passed them
and they eventually ran back home.  A couple of years ago one of them nipped
me in the leg.  This time I had my pepper spray handy just in case.
Thankfully I didn't have to use it. 

I saw a couple of deer.
No people about.

Once I was back in town, I walked a quick loop around town and home.
Walked 6 miles
🐾     🐾
A rainy day and it seemed like a good day to make pancakes for breakfast.
It was one of those rainy days that we just stayed home and didn't
do all that much of anything.
Went through some stuff to get rid of so as not to have to move it to
the new house.

This is the last of the vintage cards I have from when I was born.
And another baby picture of yours truly.


A happy day to you.
happyone  🎈

I am so very thankful for my eyesight.
God has created such a beautiful world and I am thankful that
I can see all the beautiful colors.
What a blessing to see the sunrise at the start of a new day.
I am thankful to be able to read books and blogs,
to see the faces of my children and grandchildren.
And to look into Kenny's eyes and see his love for me.

10 comments:

Sandi said...

Ooh, the widdle efelant on the card! ;-)

Yeah...I am baby-talking in a blog comment.

Vee said...

Awww...you’re making my eyesight go wavy.

What a cute baby picture. I wonder if I have baby cards somewhere...I imagine that I do.

Tom said...

...a colorful start to the day.

Rose said...

such a cute baby picture!

It was 60º here this morn, but it is colder than that now...I can tell cause the house is cooler. Rained off and on all day.

Lisa said...

Cards were so much prettier back then. .....so were babies!
Lisa

Adam said...

cute baby picture

eileeninmd said...

Hello, your were a pretty baby, cute photo. The sunrise capture is lovely. It is a shame people can not contain their dogs, they should not have free run of the neighborhood. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week ahead.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

46...Buurrrrr! Your sweet cards and picture reminds me of the little ones in our family. It's truly amazing how fast time goes.

ellen b said...

Love the one with the elephant! That's a real cute one of you smiling...

Lowcarb team member said...

That really was a beautiful morning sky.

Lovely to see the vintage cards and your baby picture, what a brilliant smile.

All the best Jan