Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, September 15, 2017

Foundation Work Begins

๐Ÿƒ     ๐Ÿƒ
55 degrees this morning and foggy though the fog did burn off.

Another random walk all around town.
Met up with Kathy around one of the cemeteries and we walked around
there together.  It was so foggy I didn't see her at first.
If you enlarge this photo you might be able to see the two horses there in the fog.
While I walked Ken went up to the building site to see if work had started.
On his way home he saw me walking and stopped to tell me they were already
there and working at 7:00.

 Walked 6 miles
๐Ÿƒ     ๐Ÿƒ
Mid morning we went to the building site.
This was the work that was already done when we got there.
 Seven guys worked on the block and at the end of the work day at 3:00
this is what they got done.  I think they did a great job.
We watched them work for a while.
Then threw branches into the pile of burning brush that will probably
burn for days yet.

It is so exciting to see what Ken put down on paper turning into the real thing.

Now we will enjoy a nice quiet evening at home.

A happy day to you.
happyone  ๐Ÿ’—

"Don't find fault.  Find a remedy."
~ Henry Ford
Comment Replies:
Christine - The county does the road maintenance and the sign is indicating that the county road ends there and they are not responsible beyond that point.  Beyond that is private property and the people who live there have to take care of it.

MK - Yes, Autumn Joy is a Sedum.  The curvy roads are NOT in WV but in western Maryland.  : )

19 comments:

Tom said...

...it's exciting to see things coming along.

Michelle said...

A foggy morning here as well. Nice to see that your house has a foundation! I know you must be excited.

Connie said...

Looks like they are not wasting any time. You'll be making new kitchen curtains before long :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

I can almost feel the excitement as you watch this dream become a reality.

The Furry Gnome said...

Looks terrific. That's a big crew and they got a lot done. The one time I tried I managed about 3 feet of wall on day one. Harder than you think to get the mortar right!

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Very exciting indeed. Have a fabulous weekend :)

o2bhiking said...

I am happy for you! Wow, it will be some place. Enjoy it.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, love the foggy scenes and I did find the horses. It is exciting to see your new home coming along. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

Pom Pom said...

The color change is going to be beautiful as fall comes! Wow! I'm so pleased that your house is off and running!

Happy@Home said...

There is something very exciting about seeing the process of a new home being built. I can imagine that feeling is intensified when you were the ones to dream up the plan. I look forward to following along with you as you dream becomes a reality.
Fabulous quote!

ellen b said...

Wow, that is exciting seeing that foundation wall emerge! Congrats on the beginning. Lovely fallish view in your first shot!

Ida said...

Looks like things are progressing quite well. How exciting. - I did see the 2 horses in the fog. I love foggy mornings.

M.K. said...

Heehee -- yes, I know you are not actually in WVa, but you are so close, and it looks so much like my beloved state, I always think of you NEARLY in WVA :)
The foundation looks great! What amazing work they do.

Christine said...

Thanks for explaining the sign as we have nothing like that here.
I see from your photos that the leaves are changing quickly & the foggy Autumn mornings have arrived which I enjoy!
Great progress on the building work!

Lowcarb team member said...

Love your first photograph.

It is exciting to see the progress being made - wonderful.

All the best Jan

Vee said...

Lots going on! The photo of the horses on a foggy day is so cool. Love it!

o2bhiking said...

Almost heaven, right?

Snow said...

Nope! I could never see the 2 horses!
Great progress on the foundation. It must be so exciting!

Rose said...

I would be bursting with excitement! I was wondering how your new house was coming along...