Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, September 18, 2017

Day 2 of block

🍂     🍁     🍃
 Once again I started walking in the fog and
it was 53 degrees and dark.
 The sun broke out after a while and I ended up walking in the sunshine.
Walked behind my house, through town and down toward HT,
back through town, around the ball park and one of the cemeteries.

Saw a deer with her two fawns, spotted the heron again by the pond,
and saw a killdeer there too.

Kathy's car was parked in the parking lot but I never did see her walking.
Walked 6.2 miles
🍂     🍁     🍃
Ken was up at HT at the building site again when I got back from my walk.
I went to the Stop and Shop and picked up a few things.
There were only a handful of people in the store and everyone was very friendly.  
All smiling and saying good morning.
Nice to be around happy people.  😊

Did a few things around the house until lunch time when Ken came home. 
After lunch I went back to the building site with him to see what was going on.
The last load of block was delivered and
 the guys (5 of them today) were busy working on the block.
When they left this is what it looked liked.
From up top
Down inside

Out for supper tonight at Brenda's.
Home this evening for knitting, reading, and watching Netflix.

Life is Good
A happy day to you.
happyone  💗

There is more to the truth that just the facts.
~unknown
Comment Replies:
Debbie - I will be walking on some of the same roads but there will be different ones too.  It will be 2 miles to town so I can walk to town, around town for 2 miles and then back home for the last 2 miles.  I'll also be able to head out in the other direction but there are a lot of steep hills!!  I'll just explore different routes when I get there.  Also I'll have some trails to walk along right on our land.  Won't be able to walk early in the winter because it is really dark without any street lights.  I'll just have to adjust the times.

17 comments:

Breathing In Grace said...

It's starting to look like fall of the year in your neck of the woods. Your phone takes such great photos! Awesome progress on the house. Do you all have an anticipated move-in date? Can't wait to see when it's up and being framed in.

Breathing In Grace said...

I just now read your reply...thanks for "straightening me out"...;-)

Tom said...

...I like the sunrise and thew spider web,nice to see the progress.

ellen b said...

Wow...that block is really going in nicely. Ahh those spider webs are a sure tail sign of autumn, at least around these parts!

Michelle said...

You captured that spider web quite nicely!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's amazing to see the colorful leaves falling already. We don't get much Fall season here in the South. Happy walking!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Fog and coloured leaves make a good combination.

Lisa said...

Great photo of that spider web

Lisa

Adam said...

looks like a lot of labor

Cat Lover said...

Karen, how exciting!!! Lovely to start to see the shape of your new home.
Your photos are gorgeous as always, especially the first one.
Have a good day!
Robin

Prunella Pepperpot said...

What a great spider's web!! Oh my, your home is finally growing upwards!
Have a wonderful week :)

Henny Penny said...

It really is looking like fall there. It is pretty!! That is a neat spider web. I love watching your house being built.

Christine said...

Lots of great photos & developments on the building site!
There are so many leaves falling already & what a super spiderweb picture!

Happy@Home said...

It is looking like fall along your walk.
That may be the largest spider web I've ever seen! I am always amazed at the beautiful webs they weave.
They are off to a great start on your new house.

Lowcarb team member said...

Fabulous foggy photographs, and I particularly liked the rather large spiders web too!
Amazing progress they seem to be making with your block.

All the best Jan

John M said...

That's very kind of the man to put flowers on the grave and send his friends a photo. He's a true friend.

M.K. said...

Wow! You will have a wonderful basement! I love your foggy photos. The 3rd one is so pretty with the fall leaves.