Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Wednesday

⛅     ⛅
It was a cloudy morning when I first left the house and I took along
my umbrella because it looked liked rain.
It was 64 degrees.

I walked the Farm Loop.

It never did rain and the sun eventually came out.
Passed by the couple I see once in while when I walk this way.

Once I got back to town I walked past my house and dropped off the umbrella.
Then continued through town, around one of the cemeteries and then home.
Pretty quiet around town today.

Walked 6 miles
⛅     ⛅
 I've been home all day doing things around the house.
Shredded up a bunch of zucchini and put it in bags and froze it.  
I'll bake bread with it one day in the future, I think I've seen enough
zucchini for a while!!

Walked around the yard looking at the flowers, weeded a bit, picked a
nice red tomato out of the garden, and got the mail.
Sat out on my swing a while and just enjoyed my yard.

A happy day to you.
happyone 💗

From the book At Home in Mitford by Jan Karon

"Well, I'm going to church.  But I've got to tell you that it's full of hypocrites.

My friend, if you keep your eyes on Christians, you will be disappointed
every day of your life.
Your hope is to keep your eyes on Christ.

19 comments:

Pom Pom said...

I've had enough zucchini, too! 😂

Christine said...

Glad you were able to sit back and enjoy your yard!

Tom said...

...never judge a day by one moment in time!

ellen b said...

Looks like a good walk and a good day. Love that quote. Keeping your eyes on Jesus is always good advice.

Lowcarb team member said...

Can you ever have enough zucchini!
Great idea to freeze some.

All the best Jan

Michelle said...

The Mitford series is a gem! I love all of those books.

Sandi said...

This sounds like a wonderful day!

Happy@Home said...

Sounds like you have the opposite luck with growing zucchini than I do :). Shredding it up for the freezer sounds like a good solution. You might be more receptive to seeing it again come February or March.

The Furry Gnome said...

Love that first photo of the grasses!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love that road leading between the trees.

Prunella Pepperpot said...

It does look like rain.
Nothing like a freshly picked tomatoe of your very own.
Have a wonderful day Happyone :)

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty images. Sounds like you had a nice day. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

Sue said...

Don't you just love productive days, yesterday was not one for me, it seems I am having some weakness from the flu virus I have had! Today I am feeling stronger! Thank you for coming by my blog and for your sweet comment!'
Blessings,
Sue

Leslie said...

Sounds lovely. I hope that church was good. Have a great day

Cat Lover said...

Hi Karen, I shredded up nine bags of zucchini for the winter too.
Love the top photo!
Have a good day.
Robin

Henny Penny said...

Sounds like you got lots of zucchihi from the garden. Would you believe that I got only one this summer. That's unusual. I love that quote from the book. I love the Mitford Series books.

Inger said...

Thank you for describing your happy and peaceful day.

Rose said...

I wish I got as much done as you did today...I did sit on my porch. I am making it a point to sit some every evening because I know the day is coming when it will be too cold to enjoy it. And I do love my swing!

Terry said...

Walking is a big deal for you. It's a great way to keep fit.