Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, August 07, 2017

The tractor is home

Taken the other day over by the industrial park.
πŸŒ‚     πŸŒ‚
It was a rainy morning for walking with a temperature of 63 degrees.
The rain was steady and my umbrella stayed up the whole time.
I was surprised to feel water drip down my neck and realized that 
my umbrella was leaking.  Time to get a new one.

First walked over to public works and dropped the water bill down the slot.
Then up and down the main road and around the ball park loop a few times.

Such a good sound to hear the rain on my umbrella but an even better sound
is hearing the rain come down on the corn in the fields which I got to 
hear walking up the hill to the cemetery between the two fields of corn.

Ended up walking around the cemetery quite a few times.
It was like I had my own little church service there this morning.
Prayed, sang some hymns, and recited some Bible verses.
I'm memorizing the Romans Road and this was a good place to practice 
reciting it.  It is so nice and peaceful there and a bit secluded because 
of all the corn.

Didn't see anyone else at all out this morning and there didn't seem
to be many cars either.
A couple of pictures along my way.

Walked 6.3 miles
πŸŒ‚     πŸŒ‚
When I walked in the door I started talking to Ken about my walk 
and he smiled and said, "It's raining out, you just got back from walking in the
rain and you're bubbling with happiness." 

I went through some totes of letters, cards, and my all my old journals
this morning and decided to throw most of them away.  
I saved some of the cards that was sent to my parents when I was born.
I really like the look of the old vintage cards and will take pictures of them
before throwing them away.

We had just finished eating lunch when the Kubota dealer called and
said the tractor was done and ready to be picked up.
Ken was very happy 😊 and we left right away to go get it.
This time the correct hose was fixed and everything was fine.
They apologized and didn't charge us for the second hose or the labor.
Nice when business make a mistake and then make it right.  😊
It had stopped raining by lunch time and was just cloudy which was nice
for getting the tractor.

We had some logs in the back yard here at the house which I had in the
meadow and we loaded them in the truck and dropped them off at HT.
We had just gotten done with that and it started raining again.

I've been making weave-it squares for the next baby blanket.
These are the colors.
 I've finished the 38 squares of the green.
I have 32 more squares to make, 16 white and 16 yellow.

 It's been a good day and I wish you all a happy one.
happyoneπŸ’—

These couple of verses in proverbs are some of my favorites.

Proverbs 30: 8, 9
Remove far from me vanity and lies:
give me neither poverty nor riches;
feed me with food convenient for me.

Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say,
Who is the Lord?
or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.

16 comments:

Blogoratti said...

What a joyful day it turned out to be, filled with love and happiness. Best wishes for the week!

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Hello, I just found your wonderful blog! I so enjoyed reading your post and how great that you walk as far as you do! Is that goldenrod and queen Ann's lace in the top photo? So very pretty! Here in the west part of Texas, we have been getting some very nice rain! I love the colors you have chosen for the baby blanket!

Tom said...

...that's a might nice wildflower garden!

Dianna said...

I love it that you had church as you were walking in the cemetery. You are such a blessing, Karen. Glad that Ken got the Kubota back!

Have a wonderful evening...and I am so glad you enjoyed your grilled PB&J sandwich with the powdered sugar. :)

Rose said...

Oh, it looks so, so wet! I worked at an apple orchard for 19 years....the first 4 or 5 just picking in the fall, but then went to mostly year round...pruning, weedeating, just about anything you name I did...But always in the fall there would be a few days I picked in the rain...I didn't have to but I just loved to be out in a nice gentle rain...the world was quiet and it was just sort of special.

Rose said...

Also meant to comment on the weave it squares...you sure get a lot made! It is going to be pretty.

John M said...

It rained a lot again here in Virginia.

The Furry Gnome said...

The rain keeps coming back here!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Sounds like a little rain does not deter you.I like that.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Rain sure does make everything look pretty! Good for you to walk that far. I love vintage cards. I would not be able to part with ones that were that old. They sound wonderful!! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Prunella Pepperpot said...

New umbrella definately needed. I hate rain on my shoulders and most of all wet knees!! Otherwise I don't mind walking in the rain. It's good to have a clearout every so often. Have a great week :)

eileeninmd said...

Hello, your post reminded me of the movie Singing in the Rain. Sounds like you enjoyed your walk in the rain very much. We had rain all day yesterday too. Love the photos and your pretty blanket squares. Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

Aritha V. said...

So good to read about you, God and the rain. Thanks for it.

Christine said...

Lovely to share your happy rain walk!
That was a good result for the tractor and Ken!
THose are very special verses for me too and I tie them in with Paul's statement 'I have learned to be content.' It's something I need to think on many times!

Michelle said...

You know how to make the most of your day, rain or not :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Yes, I think a new umbrella is needed!
Lovely photo's and nice to see the colours for your next baby blanket.

Glad the tractor is all ok now.

All the best Jan