Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, August 25, 2017

Outside

Took these sky pictures this afternoon sitting in my swing.

⛅     ⛅
It was a sunny morning and 55 degrees when I walked today.
The sun is longer shining when I leave the house, every morning when I start
it is a little bit darker.

Another random walk for me all over town again.
The main street through town got nice new bright lines painted on it. 
No traffic so took the opportunity to take a picture.
 Rebeca was walking her dog, a man was running around the ball park loop,
and I saw Kathy's car in the parking lot but again never ran into her.

I was walking along thinking that I haven't found many coins this month.  
Looked down and there was a nice new penny.  😊

Walked 6.2 miles
⛅     ⛅
Mowed the lawn this morning just before lunch.
It only takes me 45 minutes.

After lunch I cut down a bunch of the sunflowers that the birds have finished
eating.  There are still lots of sunflowers left and some I planted late
are just starting to flower out in the front garden down by the road.
That garden has taken off like crazy this year.  
I really like a garden more wild than neat and orderly and this one fits the bill.
The cone flowers and daisies are fading fast and soon they will be gone.

It has been a delightful day with lots of sun and in the 60's.

A happy day to you.
happyone 💗

From the second book in the Mitford series
A Light in the Window

"Loving absolutely seeps from you 
like a spring that bubbles up in a meadow."
Comment Replies:
Sharon - My camera comes along with me on my walk.  It's just a little point and shoot.

Karen - The exercise I do is Body Electric with Margaret Richard.  It is stretching, floor exercises and using light weights.  I do it 3 or 4 times a week.  I recorded it off PBS years ago and put it on a CD.  I have 4 programs and do them over and over again.  Body Electric is no longer on the air where I live.

15 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Thanks for the answer, Karen!
It's so fun to give the sunflowers to the squirrels and chickadees.

Tom said...

...they sure did a nice job striping the road, I wish that they would come and do the roads around here!

Adam said...

It's rare to see a road with few cars nowadays. Can only imagine how much gasoline is burned in a day

Rose said...

Our day was so nice....so thankful the humidity is down. I like that shot from the middle of the road.

Michelle said...

Sounds like a perfect day. We have had great weather. I am ready for fall!

Terry said...

Why do I think you had toast for breakfast?

Lowcarb team member said...

Such beautiful sky shots.
Sounds another lovely day!

All the best Jan

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

your point and shoot camera really takes beautiful photos. I would love living in an area where it's a high of 60 in August! That would be wonderful.

Lisa said...

Sounds like a nice walk. I havnt found many coins lately either. School is starting back and a lot of kids shortcut through the neighborhood. This is when a lot of change is dropped, so I may get lucky and find a few cent each week. I like to see sun flowers and daisy both grow wild.
Lisa

Ruth Hiebert said...

Your way of gardening sound like the way I like it as well.

Christine said...

Looking up into a pretty sky full of fluffy clouds is so relaxing!

Sue said...

Always enjoy your walk, and photos, I am a sky watcher too, just today as we were going to the grocery store, I was watching the sky , thanking the Lord for such a beautiful day but also praying for those dear folks in Texas!
Have a blessed evening.
Sue

Inger said...

Your walks are inspiring, mine less so, about 15 minutes around the place today. Both Samson and I tired, Faith wondering: Was that all? Love that you have a swing.

ellen b said...

Well wouldn't that be a nice thing to be said of someone...that love seeps from you. Lovely skies from your swing!

Sandi said...


:-)