Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, August 02, 2017

My meadow is gone and a new dessert

I leave the house in the morning by the back door and as
I walked around to the front this is what greeted me today.
🌻     🌻
56 degrees with a mix of sun and clouds.
It was a random all over the place walk for me this morning.
Didn't see any people out walking.

I counted 22 geese by the town pond, 4 deer in a field between two fields of corn
up by one of the cemeteries and 7 rabbits all around town.

Looks like someone had a bit of a mishap here at the back end of the  cemetery.
Probably an ATV.
Walking down towards HT about a mile from my house another house sits
with a 4 sale sign in front of it.  This is a nice ranch that looks in good condition.
Anyone want to be my neighbor!? 😊

Walked 6 miles
🏡     🏡
I picked a bunch of rhubarb from the garden yesterday.  I always make
Rhubarb Cobbler but wanted to try something different so I went on line
and found three other recipes that I'd like to try.
The one I made today was called Rhubarb Dessert and it was delicious
and for sure one to make again!!  I've already put it on my collection of recipes blog.

After lunch I mowed the lawn.
Sad to see my meadow go but I mowed down the last of it this afternoon.
There was quite a lot of raking to be done after but I got it all done.

When I walked in the house there was that Rhubarb Dessert sitting on the
counter cooled and ready to put in the refrigerator and I just had to have a piece.
 Oh my goodness was it ever GOOD.
I'll just have to walk an extra mile tomorrow or maybe not have my ice
cream this evening.

It was coloring day at the library but I didn't go.  I wanted to cook dinner
because we had eaten out two days in a row.
Having to be at the library at 5:00 just didn't give me enough time.
 I made us some Baked Ziti for dinner
and in just a bit we are off to church.

So that is my day so far.
Hope your day is sunny and bright.
happyone  💗

Proverbs 29:2
When the righteous are in authority,
the people rejoice;
but when the wicked beareth rule,
the people mourn.

My sun flowers have really taken off, some getting quite tall.


Comment Replies:
Vee - No, it is rarely humid here.  Summers are just great, it is like one long spring.  After living so many years between Baltimore and DC where it is hot and humid, it is a joy to live here.  This part of Maryland is nothing like the rest of it.  We don't even use AC.

22 comments:

Christine said...

A breathtaking sunrise! What a glorious way to start your day!

Lowcarb team member said...

Stunning sunrise and isn't your sunflower tall.

All the best Jan

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

Rhubarb desert sounds delicious, just the thing after all that mowing xx

M.K. said...

My family that lives in WVa don't have A/C either :)
You're serving two of my favorite foods: baked ziti (oh! What a comfort food!), and rhubarb anything. I love rhubarb so much, and we simply can't grow it here. It's too hot. So sad! Strawberry/rhubarb pie or cobbler is so fantastic! Are you going to share your new recipe? I would love to see it.

Tom said...

...that a mighty fine way to start your day.

Pom Pom said...

After raking the meadow, I think you can afford the rhubarb dessert AND your ice cream.

Adam said...

They're giant now

Debby Ray said...

Wow...no humidity? How awesome is that! A friend brought me a bunch of rhubarb the other day and I cut it up and put it in freezer. I have been wanting to make strawberry-rhubarb cobbler like my mom used to make...haven't had any in years! I'm going over to check out your recipe right now!

Rose said...

What a great greeting met you this morn...that is such a beautiful sky. First I am sitting here watching a recorded version of The Great British Baking show...you should try it. I think Netflix has some of it. Roger and I are just drooling over some of the stuff they bake. And then you talk about the rhubarb dessert and I am really hungry for something sweet and Roger just does not need it.

The Furry Gnome said...

That rhubarb desert sounds great!

Ruth Hiebert said...

What a beautiful sight greeted you! I have to check out that rhubarb desert,cause I love rhubarb.

Prunella Pepperpot said...

A beautiful sunrise and sunflower. I'm sure a sneaky bit of rhubarb crumble wont pile on the pounds :) Have a great Thursday.

Sandi said...

I love your guard sunflowers!

Cat Lover said...

Gorgeous photo of your sunrise Karen! The house for sale down the road from yours looks very nice, very large property.
Have a good day!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, what a beautiful sunrise. A lovely start to your day! I love your sunflowers. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

Happy@Home said...

Wow, a lovely greeting to your morning and I'm glad you shared it with us.
I'm anxious to see what you new rhubarb dessert was. My mom always made something called rhubarb crunch which was so good with vanilla ice cream on top.

Blogoratti said...

Beautiful sunrise, and serene nature to wake up to.

Snow said...

Hi Happy One! I've been busy caring for my son, but wanted to touch base. From reading the last 3 days' posts, it appears all is well with you and Ken. You do have quite the green thumb, between rhubarb and sunflowers; everything seems to be thriving! MJ

Henny Penny said...

Wow! That is one tall sunflower. Sunflowers are so pretty. I loved your meadow too. I like how you count the animals and people and the money you find each day.

ellen b said...

You have such a great amount of energy and you get so much done in a day! Sometimes it's time for the meadow to go. :) Hope you are having a great evening. I'm way behind in visits.

Dianna said...

I went right to your recipe blog yesterday after the comment you left at my blog because I wanted to see the recipe for the rhubarb dessert. It sounds wonderful and I will be giving it a try soon. :) Right now we are in peach heaven! My brother-in-law went East today and he picked up a bushel of peaches for us. Carroll went out this evening and picked them up. OH SO YUMMY!

I'm sorry that your meadow had to go, but just think of the wonderful times ahead when you are living in your new home at Happy Trails! Woohoo!

Vee said...

What a sunrise! Sounds as if you are living in a perfect climate, especially for summertime...