Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, August 28, 2017

Barn Collective

Linking up with Tom for the Barn Collective.
This is taken from the overlook a few miles up the road from where we live.
Took the pictures this afternoon and it was a bit hazy.
Same barn zoomed in.
Another view from the overlook and zoomed in here too.
🚜     🚜
Back to school for the kids around here today.  
There go a couple of buses.
It was 52 degrees with a mix of sun and clouds this morning when
I went on my walk.

I walked behind my house, through town, down toward Happy Trails,
back through town and then around one of the cemeteries and 
the ball park loop.

Saw Kathy just as she finished her walk but did stop and have a little
chat with her.  I still had 2 miles to go before going back home.

Walked 6 miles
Found 4 pennies  😊
🚜     🚜
After breakfast we went up to Happy Trails to do a little work on the
cabin that we have been neglecting.
Ken worked on some inside trim and installed a light.
I worked with the belt sander on a wide piece of slab wood.
  Finished it off by hand till the wood was nice and smooth.
It took me all morning which was a lot longer than I thought it would take.
The piece of wood will eventually be the top of a small table.
Then I painted the floor inside the cabin.
The table will go between the two benches there on the right by the window.
Mid afternoon we came back home and got cleaned up and then at 5:00
met Ronnie (builder) and the well driller up at the new house site at HT.
Site for the well located and could be drilled any day now.
The foundation will be dug this week, maybe Wednesday or Thursday.
Exciting to be actually getting started.

When we were done there Ken and I went out to eat at Brenda's.
A happy day to you.
happyone  🎈

From A Light in the Window
Jan Karon, Mitford Series

"How's Katherine?"
Volunteering four days a week singing to the elderly
and can't carry a tune - they love her.
Doing art classes with the handicapped kids
and can't draw a straight line - they adore her.

19 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Especially liked your first three photo's.
Seeing your school bus picture, our grandchildren will be back at school very soon ... summer holidays gone and the new school term awaits.

All the best Jan

Sandi said...

So open and free...love these!

elen b said...

Love those barn shots from above...

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Those barn photos would make beautiful jig saw puzzles! Love that gorgeous butterfly and 4 pennies...it was your lucky day! Hugs!

Tom said...

...you indeed live in a glorious area, the farm. church and cemetery are picture perfect! I hope that all goes well with the new home construction. Thanks for sharing, please stop back again.

Adam said...

I think all the local kids here went back like 2 weeks ago. We probably start earlier than almost any in the country.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Back to school. I start driving next week Tuesday.It will be exciting. The cabin is looking really good.

The Furry Gnome said...

Exciting indeed! Look forward to the progress. Cabin looks great.

Rose said...

I love your views of the barn, and is that a church I see in the second one? Your cabin is looking good!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Beautiful photos of the valley below. You have such a great place to live!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, beautiful views of the barn and farm. The cabin is coming along great. It is exciting to hear the new home is being started too. Pretty butterfly. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

bettyC said...

Father Tim is just so positive. Just love this series. Used to listen to it on the way to work and in between visiting HCL branches. He kept me smiling...esp good if I was on my way to a problem. I've got to get the book 1 CD in my car.
Thanks for the reminder.

Lisa said...

That cabin is darling!
Cant wait to see it all finished.
Lisa

Kerri Farley said...

Lovely barns! and beautiful Red-spotted purple butterfly :) It will be exciting to see the progress on your new house!

Henny Penny said...

Those first three pictures are just beautiful. They give me goosebumps! I would love to live where I could see that every day.

Pom Pom said...

Lovely views and a stunning butterfly!

Turn The Page said...

What a wonderful stroll with you today! I better get in shape to keep up with you! I love all the barn shots, and of course the awesome butterfly! Thanks for sharing your walks, your photos, and your projects! Aloha!

Christine said...

Oh my but I wish I was standing there on the overlook with you as the views are wonderful!
The cabin is really shaping up with all your hard work.

Linda said...

That view is spectacular! Love the bright butterfly too.