Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, August 09, 2017

A new resisdent in Heaven

⛅     ⛅
A nice sunny morning with a temperature of 46 degrees.
Walked around town this morning, both cemeteries and 
the ball park loop.

I'm walking down from the cemetery in this picture and you 
can see my shadow as I'm taking the picture.
It was a quiet walk around town and I didn't see anyone else.

I walked 6 miles
⛅     ⛅
First I'd like to thank you all who have prayed for my mother,
wished her well, and sent her cards.
She had Alzheimer's and was in a nursing home in NY for the past 15 months.
Last night about 11:30 God took her home to Heaven.
It is sad that she is no longer here but I can't help but be happy
for her now that she has met Jesus.
  She had a strong faith and it saw her though till the very end.
I have my mother to thank for leading me to Jesus too and for that I will
be eternally thankful.

John 14:1, 2, 3
Let not your heart be troubled:
ye believe in God, believe also in me.

In my Father's house are many mansions:
if it were not so, I would have told you.
I go to prepare a place for you

And if I go and prepare a place for you,
I will come again, and receive you unto myself;
that where I am, there ye may be also.
💗     💗
When walking this morning I found a penny.
I know it sounds silly but I thought,
A penny from Heaven.  Thanks Mom.

I hope your day is a happy one.
happyone  💗


Comment Replies:
Karen -  Not many cars where I live.  Cars and trucks do pass me on the main road but there are wide shoulders.  Once I get off the main road there are not many cars at all.  Sometimes just one or two along the whole loop.  Those that do pass wave.

25 comments:

Happy@Home said...

Oh Karen, when I saw the title my heart sunk a bit. I am sorry for your loss. It isn't easy to lose our moms. Alzheimer's is a tough thing and I believe there is a sense of peace to know they no longer have to struggle with it. So nice that you and your mom both share a deep faith. I know that is a great comfort. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs to you.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Karen! I am so sorry for the loss of your Mom. Alzheimer's is an awful disease. I am sure she is happy now in heaven. Sending prayers for your and your family.

Cat Lover said...

Karen, you and Ken are in my thoughts and prayers.
Robin

Pom Pom said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Karen.

I'm glad you are safe when walking!

Christine said...

Precious in the sight of the Lord, is the death of His saints.
God bless you too x

Vee said...

There is comfort in knowing that our loved ones are safely home and happy and whole and with Him.

Tom said...

...my prayers are with you.

ellen b said...

May God comfort you on the loss of your mother. So good to know she is with Jesus...

Sandi said...

My deepest condolences, Karen.

I lost my Dad 3 years ago. It affects you in a way you can not put into words. I am glad you have found joy in knowing where she is. There's no peace like Jesus.

Lowcarb team member said...

Karen, I am so sorry for your loss. Alzheimer's is such an awful disease.
It is comforting to know that your mom is happy now in heaven.
Sending my thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

All the best Jan

Ruth Hiebert said...

Sending hugs your way. Yes,Mother is happy and whole, but saying that final good-bye is never easy.

Karen said...

Prayers for you for comfort, and rejoicing for your mom who is now filled with a joy that we here can't comprehend yet, and with Jesus in a way that we can only long for while here on this earth. Big, big hugs to you, friend.

Adam said...

I'm sorry to hear about your mother, my paternal grandmother also fell to Alzheimer's

Rose said...

I am so sorry, but sort of understand how you can feel happy for her to be in such a better place.

I ask Roger the other day if we were taking off to go somewhere, where would you like to be going. His answer, 'With you, to heaven.' I think you are either the first or second person that I have shared that with.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

To everything there is a season. I hope she has found the peace she deserves.

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Dear Karen, Such sad news.I'm very sorry to hear of the loss of your dear Mother. Alzheimers is a very cruel disease. Hugs to you xx

Jeanne said...

So sorry to hear of your loss but happy to know that she's now with Jesus. Praying for you and your family. 🙏

The Furry Gnome said...

So sorry to hear that, but glad that she is at peace.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Karen - God bless you with peace and comfort in the passing of your mother. Your faith will see you through. You will be together again some day. Prayers for you and your family.

Kerri Farley said...

Sad for you but happy for your Mom! There's no better place she could be. This is exactly how I felt when my Mom passed last August. Thinking of you!!

Debby Ray said...

Oh Karen, I am so sorry that you lost your mother but like the others have stated above, we rejoice for her because she has met her Jesus and she even can recognize him...her mind is as clear as a bell! Hugs and prayers, dear Karen. ♥

Breathing In Grace said...

Sending hugs and prayers in your loss. It's the best of comfort when we know our loved ones are with Jesus! 💜

Henny Penny said...

Karen, I'm sorry to hear about your Mother. I did not know that she had Alzheimers.

Bethany Carson said...

So sorry to hear of your mother's passing. May the Lord be with and comfort you.

Dianna said...

Karen, I am so sorry to hear of your mother's passing. I know it is sad, but I do understand how you feel happy that she is now in the presence of Jesus. I have a feeling I will soon be walking that same road that you are going down now. xx