Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, December 26, 2016

Quilt Barn Square (18)

Linking up with Tom for the Barn Collective today.
This Quilt Barn Square is on the 95 year old barn of Paul and Carla Miller.
It is located in Accident and just a mile down the road from Happy Trails.
The Quilt Square is a Christmas Double T pattern.




Finished another jigsaw puzzle (7) and it's a barn.
It has one piece missing so I'll toss it out.
🚜     🚜     🚜
Were you wondering if I walked yesterday?  
No, took Christmas off.
But I did walk today, though I got a late start at 7:45.
It had rained during the night but had stopped by morning
so though the roads were wet no rain was falling.
It was 34 degrees with a slight wind.

Walked first the to the library to drop off a book down the slot.
Then just walked around town up and down the streets and the two cemeteries.
Finished up walking on the streets behind my house.

No else out walking or running.  Very quiet.  Seemed like a Sunday morning.

Walked 6.2 miles
Found a dime
⛅     ⛅     ⛅
We went to the Shop and Save and picked up a few things
and then was home the rest of the day. 

I got a big job done today - cleaning out the refrigerator.
Didn't just throw old food out, but took everything out of the refrigerator
and washed the inside and all the shelves and drawers.
I keep opening the door just to see how nice and clean and tidy everything looks.

It's been a mix of sun and clouds today but is pretty mild out.
Sure doesn't seem like winter around here.
I'm enjoying it though because I'm sure we'll get our
share snow in the months to come.  I hope so anyway.

Ken made a video of his HO Train Layout and put it on YouTube.
 It's pretty long at 20 minutes but worth looking at when you get the time.

A happy day to you.
happyone 🎈 

"Always be a little kinder than necessary."
James M Barrie

14 comments:

Cat Lover said...

Hi Karen, another beautiful quilt barn square. Always very satisfying to have a clean fridge. That is a big job!
We aren't as mild as you. The day started off with freezing rain but has turned to rain now. Terrible driving conditions with many accidents. We had an extra long walk yesterday because we knew we probably wouldn't be walking today.
I will pop over and watch Ken's video shortly!

The Furry Gnome said...

Yet another interesting quilt square I've never seen before. We're at relatives, but I've managed a one hour walk each day.

Cat Lover said...

Hi Karen again, Chuck and I just watched Ken's video. What a wonderful set-up! The details are amazing. Please tell Ken we enjoyed it very much.

Tom said...

Happy New Year Karen, such a colorful quilt block on that great red barn. I watched the video, what a layout...neat big boy toys! Have a great week and I hope that you stop by again.

Vee said...

Crazy weather...supposed to snow all night and turn to rain with 40°F temps by 5 am. Sounds like a mess to me. I'm coming back to watch the RR layout while I putter in the kitchen.

Lowcarb team member said...

Great pictures of the barn.
Shame that puzzle had a piece missing, it's a great picture isn't it.

All the best Jan

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, Just stopped by to look at your blog but I've spent the last 20 minutes or so watching Ken's YouTube. :-) Thanks for the link! Wow, what an awesome display! I knew he was into modeling but didn't realize that much. I want to say a special thank you for your kind comment on my blog yesterday when I was asking for prayers for the newborns in the NICU at the hospital. You are so kind ... thank you very much. Hope you and Ken have a great last week of 2016! Thanks again!

Vee said...

Ken's video is fantastic! Such detail. I did expect to find some graffiti on the railway cars or on the cliffs as there would be around here. So much to see that I could watch it all over again and see more. He is an artist!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Thanks for sharing the link to the train video.I will be watching that with interest.

Jagoda Smith said...

Ken's video is very impressive.

Adam said...

I haven't cleaned mine since we moved in

Michelle said...

What a perfect barn. I love quilt squares!

Aritha V. said...

Very well: cleaning you "koelkast". I need a new one this week.
Love your photo. So typical for you country/area. Love it.

Henny Penny said...

I love the barn, and the one on the puzzle. What a shame a piece is missing. I do that too...get a big cleaning job done and then I can't stop looking at how good it looks. :) I'm going now to look at the train video. Thanks.