Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Saturday's Critters

Linking up with Eileen for Saturday Critters.
One of three horses down by the Drane house and that I've named White Streak.
🐴     🐴     🐴
At 6:40 it was pretty warm for this time of year at 50 degrees 
when I left the house for my morning walk.
 The sun came out and it was a delightful morning for walking.
I walked the Farm Loop.
 These cows were not along the road side so I zoomed in to take their picture.
There's a white cow on the left which I don't see very often around here.

Three dogs came running down there front lawn barking at me
but the owner was on the porch and when she called them back
they all went.  I was glad that they listened. 😊

There were a whole bunch of crows along the side of the road and 
they all flew off when they spotted me.  I wondered what they were all
doing there and then I spotted this pumpkin and figured they were about
to dig in and eat it.
When I got back to town I walked passed my house, through town and down
toward Happy Trails.  Ken had left earlier to go up there to pick up
the trailer so I just walked down that way and thought I'd meet him and
then ride home with him.
I took this picture of the road that turns off the main road
just a couple of minutes later I saw Ken coming along in the truck and he
stopped and picked me up.
Walked 6.7 miles
Found a penny 
🎃     🎃     🎃  
I made blueberry pancakes for breakfast and we went outside 
right after we finished eating.
Though the weather was warm and sunny it was supposed to turn cold 
and rain/snow around 11:00 and we had to get some outside work done.

Ken dug a trench with the tractor and buried a black drain pipe
and I mowed the lawn one last time.  After all the warm
weather is just keeps growing. There were some left over
leaves around too and I mulched them up with the mower.
By this time the weather was starting to change.
The sun disappeared and it got windy and the temperature dropped.
Back to HT to bring the tractor back and put it away in the tractor barn.
On the way home the first of the rain started.
It was 11:30.  

We are getting a little bit of snow and it is just starting
to stick on the driveway so
I started the first jigsaw puzzle
and we've enjoyed a nice quite afternoon inside.

I made one of my favorite recipes for supper tonight,
Sweet and Sour Chicken.
If you would like the recipe you can find it
HERE
in a blog post from Feb 2014.
It's a bit of a mess to make but so worth it.
A happy day to you.
happyone 🎈
 ⛄     ⛄     ⛄

"He does not believe who does not live according to his belief."
~ Thomas Fuller

13 comments:

Christine said...

The picture of the horse with the misty pond behind is simply beautiful!
Glad those dogs obeyed their owner!
I love sweet & sour chicken too - we usually enjoy a Chinese meal on Saturdays.

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful post and photography ~ love that horse and what a lovely walk you had ~ thanks,

Wishing you a gentle weekend ~ ^_^

Lowcarb team member said...

White Streak is a very good name for the horse.
Your picture is stunning, it almost looks like a painting.
I just love the way the light and colours all work together.

Enjoy your weekend

All the best Jan

Melanie said...

White Streak is a beautiful horse. It looks chilly just looking at the photo. I'm glad you were huddled indoors when the snow began. A jigsaw puzzle is just what you need on an evening like that!

The Furry Gnome said...

It started to rain early here, and the temperature dropped all day long til we're getting a bit of snow tonght. More forecast tomorrow.

Bethany Carson said...

Love your photo of the horse--so beautiful! I also like the early morning sun in your other shots. Snow does not sound like fun! Hope it doesn't make its way here. This morning was so cold and windy here...I ran in a 5K race, and though I finished well I almost passed out afterward (which really surprised me since I've ran 15K before, and 5K should be/usually is a cinch...)--I guess I didn't dress warmly enough!

The blueberry pancakes and sweet and sour chicken sound wonderful!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, The horses is pretty, I like your name for it too. Great shot of the cows. You have a pretty area for you walk. The blueberry pancakes sound delicious. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Sunday, enjoy your new week ahead!

Sue said...

Lovely photos as usual, thanks for the recipe I have copied it and will soon try it!
Enjoy the snow!
Blessings,
Sue

Adam said...

The farm nearby me has mostly all-black cows

Jeanne said...

Really love this first shot and it just looks like an idyllic country scene.

Cat Lover said...

Gorgeous photos Karen! We had the same weather yesterday. It started out in the 50's in the morning but by mid afternoon it was in the 30's. Today it is COLD and snowing. I have spent most of the day so far in the kitchen baking. Good way to stay warm!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Saved that Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe. It looks wonderful. Your first picture is so perfect. Looks professional.

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos. That was warm for your morning walk, I imagine it did feel good.