Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, October 17, 2016

Quilt Barn (7)

Linking up today with Tom for the Barn Collective series.
This is one of the barns at the County Fair Grounds
located in McHenry, MD.
This quilt square is appropriately called
County Fair
 🚜     🚜     🚜     🚜
Surprisingly back to a pretty warm morning for walking. 
58 degrees with clouds and sun.
Woke up late again and didn't start walking til just about 7:00.
I think my body is already getting used the the time change.
Walked over to the laundromat and then to the post office to put up
another flyer for a church event.
Then walked the ball park loop, and both cemeteries and then headed down
the main road toward Happy Trails.  Turned in at the road leading to HT
which is just a short ways down on the right.
Walked a little way down that road and turned around here
and headed back home.
By then the clouds had taken over and there was no more sun.
Saw a couple of wild turkeys but they disappeared back in the woods
before I could get a picture.
 Walked 6.4 miles
 🍁     🍁     🍁     🍁
Ken headed up to Happy Trails and I stayed home in the morning.
Got my car washed and the lawn mowed.  Maybe this was the last time.
Thought that the last time I mowed the lawn.

Ken came home for lunch and then in the afternoon I went up to HT with him.
While he was there in the morning he started on putting the
stone up on the wall.  He got this far and now has to wait until it
hardens before doing more.  I think it is looking pretty NICE.
By the afternoon the sun had come back and we had a beautiful sunny afternoon.
We worked more on getting that brush and little trees cut down
on the road along our property leading to our driveway.
I think one more work session and we will be finished with that.

Having a nice relaxing evening at home.
Reading
Knitting
Netflix
Ice cream

A happy day to you.
happyone : ) 🎈
 
" The bright summer had passed away,
and gorgeous autumn was flinging its rainbow-tints of beauty 
on hill and dale."
~ Cornelia L Tuthill

20 comments:

Tom said...

Yep, Life is Good! What a great quilt block on the is barn and the you fall color looks like it's peak. Thanks for coming to the party this week, please stop back again real soon.

Breathing In Grace said...

Love barn quilts! The stone is looking so good! Hope you enjoyed the ice cream!

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

Sounds like a lovely cosy evening planned xx

The Furry Gnome said...

Aha! Another barn quilt, nice one! That stone you're putting up does look very nice.

Vee said...

Time change? Does Maryland do its own thing? It's looking gorgeous there! Take more pics! I need lots of color this year. Lots and lots. Yes, the stone work is going to be great! Ken is a talented man.

happyone said...

No we haven't changed the clocks yet, but every year my body starts adjusting to the time change before it happens. : )

Bethany Carson said...

Neat to see the barn quilts in your area (we have many around here too). The weather has been unseasonably warm here as well, but I am loving it! Today our high was, I believe, 79! And that is interesting your body is already switching for Daylight Savings...Oddly enough I've already been sleeping later and staying up later as well. I'm very tired tonight though, so I think I'll go to bed early and sleep a bit later as well :D.

Love your leaves! The colors are beautiful. Neat that you got to see wild turkeys, and it looks like the stone wall is coming along nicely. I hope you enjoy a wonderful week. Blessings to you!

Christine said...

This quilt barn trail is so much fun and today's is so colourful!
The trees look glorious along the roads too!
Have a happy day!

Cat Lover said...

Another lovely barn quilt! Thanks for sharing. Your leaves are changing beautifully. I think we may mow our lawns one more time yet as we have been having some warm weather with some rain so they are growing. Can't wait to see the completed stone wall.

Kerin said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day.
Love that barn quilt; the bright colors are so happy looking.

Have a great day!

~K.

Melanie said...

I think the stone wall looks amazing! I'll be glad when it's lighter out in the morning. It throws me to see dark and then see the flashing lights of the school bus drive by. I hope only to have to have one more cut for my lawn too before the end of the season. I enjoy seeing your quilt barns. Have a great day.

Summer said...

All that walking sounds so nice. I also like the sound of your afternoon, and that barn is gorgeous♥ Happy Tuesday ☺

Adam said...

On Nov 6 the time will change, I always hate that time of year

Pom Pom said...

Turkeys! How fun!
The stone looks nice. Are you going to live at HT someday?

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Love seeing all of the Quilt Barns... So many pretty colors and different designs... Thanks for sharing these with us...Your little Happy Trails 'home' is looking so GOOD.... AND--your Fall colors are beautiful.

Hugs,
Betsy

Retired Knitter said...

I think that little cabin is going to be totally charming. You may have answered this before, but what is the end plan for this little structure. For example ... who will stay there? Will you ever have more than an outhouse for the occupants? Would you ever add on to it for storage or for extra occupants etc? You will have heat so could you winterize it a bit for cold temps or is it just a summer house? You get the idea. I will say your husband is a talented builder. What an accomplishment.

Aritha V. said...

That quilt barn is interesting and nice. Thanks. I also love the red leaves and the yellow ones in you photos. Super.

M.K. said...

That stone wall is so beautiful! Good work.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the colour in the quilt barn ... and the colours of the leaves in your photo's.

All the best Jan

Lea said...

Love the barn. Beautiful color in the trees, too!