Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, April 15, 2016

Polk a dots in the yard

Pine Siskins
✿     ✿     ✿     ✿

40 degrees this morning and another sunny one for my walk.

Went to the library first to drop off a magazine down the book drop.  Then continued walking all over and around town.  Walked down toward Happy Trails too and then back to town.  Around the cemeteries and the ball park loop.  Saw a few rabbits, a couple red winged blackbirds, and lots of robins over by the town pond.

There is a big yard sale going on for the next couple of days at one of the houses I mentioned the other day that is for sale in town.  They were putting things out when I walked by.  I didn't stop to look because I didn't WANT to find anything I NEEDED. : )

Walked through the post office parking lot I saw Farmer Bill getting out of his car.  Seems funny to see him someplace other than at his farm. : )

I'm loving these nice sunny morning walks.
Walked 6.6 miles.
✿     ✿     ✿     ✿
At the park in town there is a roundabout in the playground.  This one looks like an old one.  I remember having so much fun on these when I was kid.  We used to run around and round making it go faster and faster and then hopping on it.
Sunny all day and still a little cool but I went outside in the afternoon and started weeding one of the gardens.  So many weeds already so I thought I'd better get started.



 I noticed the dandelions are sprouting up in the grass already.  Most people don't like them but I always have.  I think the little yellow polk-a-dots in the green lawn are pretty and I leave them to grow all over my lawn.




Tomorrow is supposed to be another nice sunny day and we are planning on working in the yard.

A happy day to you.
happyone : )
"Anxiety's like a rocking chair.
It gives you something to do
but it doesn't get you very far."
~ Jodi Picoult

10 comments:

shortybear said...

nice post

doodles n daydreams said...

My sister likes dandelions as well, she says they are a beautiful colour. Lovely photos.
About the pancakes - yes i have had them before but usually home made. these were commercially made ones and very bland and I found the maple syrup quite bland as well, had never had it before. I usually put golden syrup or lemon and sugar on the ones I make.

Diana

Adam said...

I think I played on a roundabout once. Dizzy dizzy

Ruth Hiebert said...

I kinda like the dandelions as well and I know that they are a good food source for the bees,but my neighbours don't have the same ideas.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I like your sweet Pine siskins at the feeder. We usually let the dandelions grow because the bees like them. We will do anything to help the bees. Great photos and quote. Have a happy weekend!

Lisa said...

Oh the merry go round was the funnest! However, I was always slung off. ha. I love dandelions too and the little purple flowers that grow in the grass also.
Lisa

Christine said...

It feels so good to be outdoors again in better weather, even doing yard work!
Those little pine sinking are glad of your feeders!
We always had fun on the roundabout at the play park though I got too dizzy!

Anonymous said...

In a wildflower garden, the strongest survive and crowd out other plants. I have a feeling all I'd have is dandelions after few years! Their perky yellow faces are like sunshine. We called it a merry-go-round at our school playground, but we did the same thing! You are so strong to bypass a yard sale! Nice feeder and Pine Siskins.

Lowcarb team member said...

Roundabout's always made me dizzy ... I preferred swings!

Those birds look great, just about to enjoy some seeds.
I think dandelions are cheery plants with their yellow heads!

All the best Jan

Vee said...

"Yellow polka dots in the green lawn" is the perfect way to describe dandelions.