Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, February 08, 2016

Monday

☀     ☀         
28 degrees this morning when I left on my walk.  No wind at first but it picked up along my walk.  The sun came out but it was filtered behind the clouds so it wasn't very bright.

Didn't walk any special route,  just all over the place.  Went up Barn Sale Rd which is a pretty steep hill.  A lot of times I start going up there with a plan to just walk part way because it is such a steep hill but once I get walking I end up going to the top.  It is so quiet, pretty and open and worth the walk up there.  Besides it is nice going down.  : )

Walked around town too.
Didn't see anyone else out walking.
The cows were all eating hay and didn't even look up when I walked by.
Walked 6.2 miles.
Didn't find any coins today but yesterday found a dime, nickel and 4 pennies.
             
Lots of chili yesterday at church and we had a nice lunch tasting all the different kinds.  No ribbon for me though.
After eating my no beans chili I was surprised to find that I actually like it better!!

Got a good start on this weeks house cleaning!!

Ken read The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry on my recommendation because I liked it so much.  He didn't like it that much and thought it was depressing.  Funny how differently we thought of it.  My book club meets Wednesday and now I'm quite curious to hear what the others think of it.

I continue to read the third book in the Outlander series.  It's a long book with over 800 pages in it, but good.

Knitted a few more rows in throw blanket I'm knitting for myself.  Here's what I've gotten done so far.
 ☃     ☃     ☃     ☃
It started snowing about 3:00 and I took this picture at 4:00.
 The usual evening at home.  A little reading, television, making weave-it squares and of course ice cream. : )

Hope your day has been a happy one.
happyone : )
In the world,
we believe what we see,
but in God's kingdom
we believe and then we see.
~ Joyce Meyer
From her book Power Thoughts

8 comments:

Debby Ray said...

Such a beautiful countryside for walking...lovely photos!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Your pictures are interesting.The ones along your walk look great and then the snowy one.I like snow and evergreens.Beautiful color for a throw.

The Furry Gnome said...

Sorry you didn't win for your chili!

Adam said...

You know what's disappointing? Chilly chili from Chile.

Cat Lover said...

I love your first photo, very pretty. I always marvel that you find money on your walk. I can only think of a handful of times I have found any!
Have a good day.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, lovely views from your walk. I like the last snowy scene too. I usualy have the beans in my chili, I have never made it without the beans. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your week ahead!

o2bhiking said...

You sure get enough snow up that way. Maryland's little secret - looks like New England!

Anonymous said...

Just what you needed--more snow! ;) At least it doesn't slow you down much. Pretty stitch pattern on your blanket. I like the downhill part of a walk, too, but it's mostly flat here. Some of the state park trails are hilly--natural dune areas.