Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, December 26, 2015

11 Bears

☂     ☁     ☁     ☁
I had a dream last night that I was walking along the Farm Loop and I counted 11 bear along the way.  Eight of them were in the fields with the cows and just looked up as I walked by.  Then there were three right at the edge of the road up a tree and I got a little nervous that I had to walk right past them.  All of a sudden one of them came out of the tree and started chasing me.  Then somehow  I was riding a bicycle and I got away and that's when I woke up.
☁     ☁     ☁     ☁
I woke up at 6:30 and it was another dreary rainy morning and just didn't feel like getting up so I turned over and went back to sleep and got up at 7:30 so had a late start walking at 7:50.  It was 50 degrees with a misty rain and breezy.  Thought about walking the Farm Loop because it was light out, but after my dream thought I'd better not. : )  It might have been a warning of some kind.

Walked first to the library and dropped off a book in the slot and then on to the post office to drop off two Netflix.  Next I went around the ball park loop, and the two cemeteries.  Here's a couple of bunnies I pass on the way to the cemeteries.  They used to run and hide when I talked to them, now they just stay there.  The black and white one is the one who escapes once in a while.


Next I headed over to the small industrial park and walked around there.
Another quiet morning walk and didn't see anyone else out walking.

Didn't see any bears either. : )

I walked 5.9 miles.


☁     ☁     ☁     ☁
We went to Uniontown, PA where there is a Dicks Sporting Goods store so I could buy a new pair of bowling shoes.  The ones I have now are about 30 years old and are starting to come apart.  I didn't get them though because they no longer carry bowling shoes in the store.  You can now only by them on line, which seems crazy.  I'd like to try them on first.  So no new shoes for me.
It was still to go for a drive and we had lunch out at Subway.

The puzzle is coming along pretty good, the border is all done and some of the inside as well.  Not enough yet for a picture though.

It's off to make dinner and then our normal evening at home.
Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone : )
Be at war with your vices,
at peace with your neighbors,
and let every New Year
find you a better man.
~Benjamin Franklin's 1755
Poor Richard's Almanac

5 comments:

Cat Lover said...

Hi Karen, glad you didn't see any bears!
I would be hesitant to buy shoes online too. You have to see how they fit before you purchase them!
Glad you are enjoying your puzzle.
Take care.

Adam said...

Daisy used to have a pet bunny when she was in middle school. I never did, I always preferred dogs.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I have enjoyed seeing bears from a safe distance and from the car. I am not sure if I would want one nearby or chasing me. I love the cute bunny! I always have to try on shoes and clothes. Happy Sunday, enjoy your new week!

Anonymous said...

Glad the bears were only in your dreams! I miss having a bunny.

o2bhiking said...

I am going to start calling you Goldilocks! Dreams are pretty funny.