Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself;
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today.
I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet.
I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.
~Groucho Marx

Translate

Follow by Email

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Day Twelve of Thanks

Giving Thanks Post Day Twelve
 Kindness 

I am thankful for the kindness of others.
When people say please and thank you
Or hold the door open for you
Kind words spoken
or an unexpected smile from a stranger
a surprise in the mail
a prayer 
when someone says you look nice today
or I like your new hairdo
a cheery toot or a wave from a passing car
a returned wallet that you thought was lost forever
These are just some of those kindnesses.
A kind word or action to a stranger
might not be much
but it can brighten someones day
and put a smile on their face. : )
Do a kindness for someone today.

happyone : )

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for this lovely reminder about kindness. It's a free gift we can everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good reminder! We never know what a difference it makes when we are kind to someone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, yes an act of kindness goes a long way. Great advice and post. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know a popular thing is people paying for the fast food orders of people behind them at the drive thru. My sister-in-law had someone do that for her

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great reminder. Thank you. Sometimes even the simpliest thing can be a big blessing for someone else. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A simple act of kindness can change a person's day, week or life. A good reminder Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, such great news of kindnesses given and received.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love acts of kindness...both doing them and always blessed by others acts towards me. It is the unexpected smiles that make a gloomy day better. :)

    Have a happy night...and enjoy that ice cream. :) I had a little tonight also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I completely agree. Kind actions can have far reaching benefits and feel nice for the giver and the receiver. I am thankful to have been the recipient of your kindness through the years. A true blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh-0h...did something go awry with the new camera?

    I like that secular Christmas song that says "It's not the things you do at Christmastime, but the simple things you do all year through."

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the random acts of kindness - the world has so much hatred and violence, and it is up to each of us to be kind whenever we can.

    ReplyDelete

Hello my friend.
Thanks for stopping by.
I'm hoping you will leave a comment.
Thanks. : )