Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Snow falling

It's been a while since I've taken a picture of my favorite barn.
Passed by on my walk this morning.
☁     ☁     ☁     ☁
 Started walking at 7:10 this morning and it was not so dark so I walked around the farm loop.  Again it was 40 degrees out but with a bit of a breeze kicking up and it stayed cloudy.

The cows were all out at the dairy farm but then were busy eating and barely gave me a glance.

Hunters must have been around this morning because I heard quite a lot of gun shots.  I'm glad I wear my bright day glow green sweatshirt.

George was driving by and stopped to say hi and a quick chat.  Farmer Bill was out in the field and gave a wave.  Back in town walking a loop around there I saw Connie from the library in the post office parking lot and stopped to have a chat with her too.

Walked 5.4 miles.
☁     ☁     ☁     ☁
Lots of leaves are falling and now I have to get out and rake some leaves.
Did a little cleaning around the house and then just sat in the chair and read some of my book.  A friend stopped over for about an hour and when she left I went back to reading.

Ken went to a friends house yesterday and then again today with the tractor to dig a long deep trench for some pipes.

A few times today I've watched some snow falling from the sky!!  It's melting on contact but still it seems early to be seeing snow. 

Posting a bit early today because we are going to a friends 50th wedding anniversary celebration.

Hope your day is a happy one.
happyone  : )
If you search the world for happiness,
you may find it in the end,
for the world is round and will
lead you back to your door.
~ Robert Brault

11 comments:

Cat Lover said...

Lovely barn photo, Karen.
Your yard looks just like ours with all the leaves. I have already raked up a few bags.
It is way too early for snow. Another part of our province is supposed to get quite a bit of snow tomorrow. No thanks!

CountryMum said...

It does seem early for snow?? It is hard to believe that winter is coming your way, and we are bracing for a very hot dry summer if the forecasters are correct.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, love the images, barn and the fall colors. Yes, it is way too early for snow. I love the quote! Have a happy weekend!

Sola Scriptura said...

Snow already? Wow. I do like the look of your favourite barn. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

"Snow falling" --- frightened the socks off me! We had a hard frost last night, another tonight and the thought of snow brings to mind all the chores still needing to be done. Mercy!

The Furry Gnome said...

A number of guns going off here too - hunting turkeys i expect. And our snow stayed on the ground, at least for a few hours.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Snow already?? Guess it is that time of year. I do love fall and the beautiful leaves. Hope you had fun at the anniversary celebration! Have a great weekend.

o2bhiking said...

Too early for snow! Your green is OK for walking on the roads, but in the woods, wear blaze orange.

50 years is remarkable! Hope if was a fun time for all.

Rick Watson said...

It will be 80 degrees here today, but in the high 30s last night. Fall is coming slowly. I love those pictures

Adam said...

I driven by a few dairy farms. Cows never seem to care, it's all about the food

Vee said...

It is way too soon for fat rain. Ha! We saw some yesterday. I raked this morning and got the leaves out of the driveway so people can get in the house without wading through them up to their calves. Grandson told me that he had never seen so many leaves. I told him to come visit again and I'd put him to work. That barn is gorgeous!