Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, October 24, 2015

eight and nine

☀     ☀     ☀     ☀
Didn't walk out the door this morning until 7:20 and it was 42 degrees with a bit of a breeze.  Watched another beautiful sunrise but was still in town and couldn't get a place where I could get a good picture.
Dropped off a Netflix at the post office and then continued around the Farm Loop.  Very quite around there and didn't see any of the farmers.  The dairy cows were in the barn and I didn't even see any of the chickens.

Instead of turning right to get back to town, I made a left to another farm because I saw two horses out in the field and went to see them.  They just looked at me and didn't come any closer to the fence so I couldn't pet them.  I did get a picture though.
Left them and continued to town where I walked a loop around there before getting back home.
I walked 5.6 miles.

☀     ☁     ☁     ☂
 Ken left soon after I got back from walking so he didn't get to eat any of the banana pancakes that I made for breakfast.  I sliced a banana and just added it to the batter.  Very Good!  I added a bit of syrup and what was left of the redi whip.  David liked that in his coffee so there was just a little left. : )

Didn't do very much today. Did some reading and finished another scarf for my scarf project - these two latest ones are numbers 8 and 9.  I like the one on the left best.
While I was washing out the spaghetti pot this evening after supper I realized just how old that pot is.  I got a set of pots before we were married, even before I knew Ken.  I bought them from a salesman who came to the door.  I was at a friends house and she bought a set and so did I.  My big pot is the only one that is left and it is 46 years old!!  The pots came with a set of silverware service for 8.  We still use that silverware to this day.  5 butter knives are the only ones missing and they got thrown away by accident wrapped up in newspaper after we used them for hammers picking crabs about 26 years ago.  That was a memory that came out of nowhere. : )

This evening I'll start another scarf, eat my ice cream and watch a little television - my normal relaxing evening.

Hope your day was a good one and you smiled often.
happyone : )
May you have warm words on a cool evening,
a full moon on a dark night,
and a smooth road all the way to your door.
~ Irish Toast
Comment Replies:
Eileen - We have some siding left over  from the tractor barn and we will probably use that up on the back of the cabin.  For the rest we are thinking about using slab wood.  Have to check out the prices and where we can get some yet.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny. I was just counting up how old my pressure pot is. I got it as a wedding present in 1961. 54 years ago!
I like both scarves. They're lovely.
Stay well and keep warm!

Nellie said...

I love that Irish toast! The scarves are truly lovely! We were just talking recently about a pizza pan that we have. I believe I had it before I even met my husband! That would be over 50 years! It wasn't an expensive one, either! My sister still has the dishes she bought from a salesman who came to the door before she met HER husband! There was also a set of cookware as well as flatware that came with the offer! As she is now facing moving, and many things have had to be "sent" elsewhere, I wonder what she has kept. Enjoy your relaxing evening!

Ruth Hiebert said...

The scarves are pretty.I love the first shot as well.

Inger said...

I had a good day, thank you for asking. Love your fall colors and the new design.

eileeninmd said...

Good morning, lovely images! The fall colors and horses are pretty. Your scarf is lovely. Wonderful quote! Happy Sunday, enjoy your new week!

Blogoratti said...

Sounds like happy days. Great photos and warm greetings!

Cat Lover said...

Great photos Karen. Your scarves are so pretty.
The pots I had when we first married were not good quality so I got rid of them 10 years ago. I have had some silverware since before Chuck and I were married though, so 33 years. The years go by so quickly!