Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, October 05, 2015

Corn Stalk

☀     ☀     ☀     ☀
It was 45 degrees when I left this morning with a sky full of stars.  As the sky lightened up the stars disappeared and a beautiful sunrise appeared in the sky.  Certainly worth getting up early to walk in the dark.


Walked mainly around town, but I did go up Sale Barn road a bit to say good morning to the cows.  They were up at the other end of the field but a couple of the young ones came running down the hill when they saw me so I waited for them. Number 50 came over by the fence and I took his picture.


I saw the man walking his two little dogs again down by the Drane house.  They are back to barking at me.

The sun coming over the mountain as I headed back home and it was out shinning in a pretty blue sky as I walked up the driveway.  Nice to have no rain or mist about.

I walked 5.6 miles.
☀     ☀     ☀     ☀
I took advantage of this sunny day and got my sheets out on the line first thing this morning.  Ken went to the hardware store in town and picked up a pallet of pellets for the pellet stove.  He unloaded them off the truck and stacked them up in the garage.
Since it's Monday we met our friends for another three games of bowling at the lanes in Keyser.  I ended up using my 10 pound ball this week.  I asked the man who worked there if he could grind the thumb hole out just a bit because my thumb would stick once in while.  He did it and didn't charge me anything.  Wasn't that nice?  : )  Sorry to say it didn't help my bowling any.  This weeks games were 77, 84 and 112.  Afterwards we went to the Chew and Chat again for something to eat.  There were 6 of us today.

On the way home we stopped in LaVale at Martins and did some food shopping.

A corn stalk starting growing in our back yard a while back and we let it grow to see how big it would get.  It's not very tall but it did grow a tassel.  : )
So that's been my day so far.
A happy day to you.
happyone : )
Bloom where you are planted.
Mother Jones

6 comments:

Vee said...

Well that's a cute little cornstalk. You see some of nature's beauty walking so early and thank you for sharing it...the only way I'll see it! =D

Pom Pom said...

How fun to go bowling and to have your ball fixed a little!

Cat Lover said...

I love your sunrise photo. So pretty.
I'm glad you are getting some sun. We have been rather dreary here the last few days.
Sounds like another lovely day.

Nellie said...

Your corn looks like it might be broom corn. We had some come up on its own last season, and the birds really loved it!

M.K. said...

The Chew and Chat -- that's so funny! I wonder about your corn stalk. Since it's alone, will it ever get any corn on it?

o2bhiking said...

I read yesterday that hanging your sheets out to dry helps kill off dust mites because the UV radiation is not good for them.