Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself;
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today.
I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet.
I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.
~Groucho Marx

Translate

Follow by Email

Sunday, August 16, 2015

A New Bible

A couple a weeks ago when I went to Sarah's wedding shower
 we did something that I thought was a great idea.
A brand new Bible was sitting out on a table.
Everyone was asked to underline their Life Verse,
then sign their name and write the reference.
The Bible was then given to Sarah.

My verse is:
Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me.

Do you have a life verse?

A blessed Sunday to you.
happyone : )
Jesus loves you.

 

10 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea! Your verse is very true. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great idea, I like the verse you chose! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colossians 3:14
    Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity.

    What a sweet gift to the bride!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be still and know I am God.
    Be still and know I am
    Be still and know
    Be still
    (I am now in a peaceful place)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colossians 3:17 And whatsoever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great idea. All of Psalm 103, but especially verse 14:
    For He Himself knows our frame; He is mindful that we are but dust.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ephesians 2:10 For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Matt 11:28 - Come to me all ye that labour and are heavy laden, an I will give you rest.
    This is a verse that meant a lot to me when I first became a Christian and a year or two later my daughter bought me a fridge magnet with this verse on it, not knowing it's significance to me.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. I forget the reference, but for me, I think it is: "This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it."

    ReplyDelete

Hello my friend.
Thanks for stopping by.
I'm hoping you will leave a comment.
Thanks. : )