Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, August 20, 2015

A beautiful sunny and a rainy day too

✿     ✿     ✿     ✿
68 degrees again this morning.  What can I say about the weather - changeable.  Started out cloudy with a few peeks of sun, then rain, just cloudy, some sun, rain, sun, and then more rain. Once again I was soaked through. I didn't mind though, I like walking in the rain.  It continued like that all day.

I stopped first at the post office to mail the letters I wrote yesterday.  Then I walked through town and up Sale Barn Rd.  Stopped to take this picture of the farm in the distance.
Walked back to town, around the cemeteries and the ball park loop and then home.  Didn't encounter anyone else walking.

I walked 5.5 miles.
✿     ✿     ✿     ✿
I had a hair appointment in the morning so walked down to Sherry's for that.  Not a skunk head anymore.  Kenny calls me that when my roots start showing. : )

We went up to Happy Trails when I got back and just stayed a couple of hours.  No work on the cabin because of the rain, but we did clean up a few things around the place in between showers.  I took a before picture but will show the before and after at the same time.

One of the sunflowers by the dining room window fell down.  Just got to heavy and the soil was wet from all the rain. We stood it back up and Ken put some boards by them to hold them up as you can see in the picture.
This afternoon I cleaned out the refrigerator.  Didn't just throw out old food but took everything out and cleaned all the shelves.  A bit of frustration trying to get the shelves back in but I managed.

The cabbages in my garden are doing well and we picked three of them today.  We are giving them to the man who gave us the plants.  Wanted him to have the first of them because he planted some too but they didn't do well.  
After supper we went to Walmart to pick up a few things.  We were behind a woman at the check out who spent $305 on her food shopping.  Wow, I thought that was a lot of money!!

So that's been my day.
Hope your day has been a good one and you smiled often.
happyone : )
A kind heart is a fountain of gladness,
making everything in its vicinity
freshen into smiles.
~ Washington Irving

9 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Those are fine cabbages!

Ruth Hiebert said...

WOW! Those sunflowers are huge. The cabbages look good and would make a yummy soup/borscht.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, your images are beautiful. I love the sky and the view of the farm. And your pretty sunflowers. The cabagges look good. We finally had some rain yesterday. Have a happy Friday and weekend ahead!

Kerin said...

Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing !
Aren't sunflowers just the best?! I'm glad you were able to prop your sunflowers up, so that you can enjoy them longer.

Seems like everything is getting more and more expensive. Used to be that a hundred dollars would get you an entire grocery cart full of groceries... not any more.

Enjoy this day .

~K.

Deb J. in Utah said...

You have such a nice, homey house! I love pictures of your house and yard.I would love some cool rainy days to relieve us from this end of August heat. Enjoy your weekend.

Anonymous said...

Your cabbages are perfect! Glad you enjoy walking in the rain. I try to avoid it, but if it happens, I really don't mind. Pictures are great. MJ

Anonymous said...

Love that Folk Art salt cellar. :) I'm finding more pieces for sale in antique/collectible stores. I hope to find latte mugs. I have two, but they always seem to be in the dishwasher! I know, I could just keep washing them, couldn't I? Great sky shot! Those clouds have a lot to say.

o2bhiking said...

Skunkhead - now there's a romantic nickname!! ;^)

M.K. said...

I used to budget $260/week for groceries and stuff at Walmart. THat was when 4 kids were home, 2 big-eating boys. Those days are gone, thankfully! Another blogger recently decided to grow out her gray after many years. She's been blond. I think she's pleased. The sunflowers and cabbages look great. It's good of you to share them with him.