Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

A busy Wednesday

✿     ✿     ✿     ✿
The wind has finally died down and it was 52 degrees and sunny with some low hanging clouds in places.

I walked the Farm Loop and what a pleasure it is to be able to walk in such a beautiful place.

Once I got back to town I walked down the main street and around the ball park once and then home.

Saw a few rabbits hopping about, a deer, some red winged blackbirds and this duck who was standing in the stream.
I walked 5.4 miles.
✿     ✿     ✿     ✿
After breakfast we stopped in at Lowe's to return a few bags of concrete that we didn't use.  Then on to church where Ken power washed the underside of the two church buses.  He is holding some pieces of rust that came off the bus. 
While he did that I weeded and tidied up the little garden by the radio tower that Ken and I cleaned up and planted last year.  The plants all have grown nicely since last year.
This picture is from last year before we got started.
This picture is from last year after we planted everything.
This evening was my book club and even though I didn't read the book I went anyway.  Still nice to see everyone and visit. : )
Ken picked me up from there and off to church we went.
Stopped at Walmart on the way home and now it is good to be home and relax a bit at the end of the day.

Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone : )
I wondered why somebody didn't do something.
Then I realized,
I am somebody.
~ Unknown
Comment Replies:
Kerin - Haven't really thought about solar power up at HT.  There is already electric up there. 

12 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

What a lovely little garden you have planted. Is that at your church. You and Ken certainly do love serving God by helping at church. That is awesome. Enjoy your evening and I'll see you tomorrow.

doodles n daydreams said...

I've just been catching up on some of your older posts that I've missed. You've been busy. This is a nice garden you've put in. Is the radio on public land or on your property?

Diana

eileeninmd said...

Lovely scenes and images from your walk. I love the cows. The garden does look beautiful. You and Ken do stay busy, enjoy your day!

Anonymous said...

Really thoughtful of Ken to pressure wash under the church van. The garden by the radio tower is beautiful. You two are a blessing everywhere you go! MJ

Nellie said...

You did have a busy Wednesday! The garden looks great, a real improvement from before!

Kerin said...

Beautiful pictures. How thoughtful of Ken to power wash the buses.
The garden plants are coming along nicely. What a difference in the garden from before to now.

Around here, solar is huge... and more people are doing some type of solar set up, that's what had me wondering about using solar at HT :)

Have a nice weekend.
~K>

Cat Lover said...

What lovely places you have to walk. Love all your photo's. The garden at the radio tower looks fabulous. Your hard work paid off

Dianna said...

What generous souls you and your husband are, Karen. It truly warms my heart to see folks doing things like the garden you did around the radio tower at Mt. Lake. You did an amazing job and the Foxglove have done very well! Mine didn't survive the winter this past winter...but my Delphinium did. :)

Happy@Home said...

That is an excellent quote and one that you and Ken seem to take to heart. I think the world would be a better place if we all took this to heart rather than complaining so much :).
Anyhow, the church garden is coming along so nicely. Love the little path and bench. I wonder how many prayers have been said there?

Vee said...

The garden looks great! It's really filling in and growing up.

Billy said...

Pictures are so pretty! I can't get enough of them!

o2bhiking said...

I like the little garden.