Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, February 01, 2015

What a day that will be

 We are studying heaven in Sunday School and what it will be like to live there.  It sure is something to look forward to.  I'm looking forward to getting there when my time comes to leave this old earth. : )

This is one of my favorite hymns and we sing it often at my church. When I die I would like it sung at my funeral.  I want people to be happy that I'm in heaven.

What a Day That Will Be

There is coming a day,
When no heart aches shall come,
No more clouds in the sky,
No more tears to dim the eye,
All is peace forever more,
On that happy golden shore,
What a day, glorious day that will be.

There'll be no sorrow there,
No more burdens to bear,
No more sickness, no pain,
No more parting over there;
And forever I will be, 
With the One one died for me,
What a day glorious day that will be.

Chorus
What a day that will be,
When my Jesus I shall see,
And I look upon His face,
The One who saved me by His grace;
When He takes me by the hand
And leads me through the promised land,
What a day, glorious day that will be.

Have a blessed Sunday.
God loves you.
happyone : )

I've put a poll on my blog about heaven and would appreciate if you would take a moment to take it.  Thank you.  The poll is located under the post.  Tried putting it up at the top but it wouldn't post with the question. 
☃     ☃     ☃     ☃
Comment replies:
FG - Snow is made on the slopes but we do get a lot of snow here.  There is usually snow on the ground all winter.  Deep Creek Lake freezes over too for the winter and many people ice fish and ride snow mobiles over it.

Eileen - I used to ski when I was in high school and for a few years after but don't any more.  

7 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Lovely hymn! Happy Sunday!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That is a beautiful song.Heaven is worth waiting for.It will be glorious.

Beate said...

That is a beautiful hymn! Have a wonderful day, dear Happyone :)

John's Island said...

Life is Good ... Heaven is the only thing better!

George said...

This is a beautiful hymn.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it WILL be a glorious day!

Lindy

o2bhiking said...

Those are great lyrics. I'm happy here on earth but know that it is not permanent by a long shot, so it is good to think of that better place when one's time comes.