Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Scenic view

☃     ☃     ☃     ☃
Single digits this morning and icy.  Took this picture of the sunrise out of my front window and then went in the basement to walk.  Walked three miles.
By mid morning it had warmed up a bit and even though there were some flurries around the sun was out too so I went outside and shoveled off the driveway.  Ended up walking another 2 miles.

After lunch we went to Grantsville to Rite Aid and also the candy store.  Ken picked out his candy and I picked out dried apricots which for me is like candy.  : )

On they way home we stopped at the scenic overlook and I took the top picture there.  Then we drove down the road to get in the scenic view. : )  Discovered some new roads down that way.  Stopped to take a picture of these cows by the barn.
I walked the last mile in the basement late afternoon so again I got all my 6 miles in walking.  I think tomorrow I'll be able to have an outside morning walk.  Sure hope so anyway!!

It's been a nice day.  So glad to see the sunshine. : )

Hope your day has been happy one.
happyone : )
 It is not easy to walk alone in the country
without musing upon something.
~ Charles Dickens

Comment Replies:
Diana - Our pastor is visiting Pastor Lewis Howell at Sonshine Baptist Church in Whakatane.  Is that anywhere near you?



14 comments:

Happy@Home said...

That is a scenic view... very pretty.
I am impressed that you came out of the candy store with dried apricots. We eat a lot of dried cherries around here.
Hope you're able to be outside tomorrow.

o2bhiking said...

Looks like a lovely winter day up your way. I have a nasty cold and don't feel like doing much, just getting through work the last couple of days was all I could handle. No long walks for me for a bit!

The Furry Gnome said...

That must be a nice scenic overlook for a picture like that! My day has been a happy one - first day I was allowed to go cross-country skiing since surgery 3 months ago!

Sue said...

As always your photos are so beautiful! You keep me motivated with your walking, I did get two miles in today!`Smile~
Blessings,
Sue

eileeninmd said...

The scenic view is gorgeous and I love the sunrise and the cows.. MY hubby would love the candy store, I've never really been into eating candy.. Ice cream is my downfall. I love the quote, great post.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Winter certainly is beautiful in your neck of the woods. The most scenic time of year :)

mzzbev said...

Snow and sunshine are BEAUTIFUL!!! Love those pictures!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Happy One. I left you an e-mail. Mary Jo

George said...

That view from the overlook is gorgeous. I'm glad you were able to get out and about.

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, Wow, that first photo is another one of those "knock-your-socks-off" types. For some reason, I didn't envision that you would have overlooks with that much elevation. Very nice work! John

Anonymous said...

Lovely scenery all around you! Beautiful sunrise greeting you from your front window. :)

Lindy

Inger said...

It's inspiring to read about your six mile walks. I love the wintry views.

Jeanne said...

Nice pictures even if they are of snow. Good Grief... we are buried in the stuff same as you.
I want to go back to Puerto Rico

o2bhiking said...

That top picture could be Vermont!