Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, January 24, 2015

A snowy day again

☃     ☃     ☃     ☃
It was 33 degrees and snowy when I left the house at 7:30 this morning.  It was just above freezing so there wasn't much ice around and the snow was pretty slushy.  I almost didn't walk outside but I'm sure glad I did.

I walked up and down the roads around town and around the cemeteries.  Walked around the cemeteries a few extra times because I was out of the way of the snow plows.  Went down to see my horse friends by the Drane House.  This one here saw me coming and stuck his head through the bar.
I managed to take a picture while he gives my hand a sniff. 
A couple more pictures along my walk.

 On the last part of my walk here.  I live up ahead on the left.
I dropped a book off at the library and found a penny and a dime in the parking lot.  I couldn't believe I spotted them there in a tire track.
I walked 6.2 miles.
While I was walking Ken zoomed in and took pictures of me out of the front window as I walked by on the main street. There I go in my orange sweatshirt.

☃     ☃     ☃     ☃
Its been snowing on and off all day and we often stop by the front window to watch it.
Worked a little bit on the latest puzzle but still have a long way to go.  Also did some knitting - started the blue baby hat, and started another book too.
It's been a lazy kind of day but a good one. : )

hope your day has been a happy one.
happyone : )
Indeed, it is as important to 
learn how to receive a blessing
as it to be willing to give one.
~ Joel Osteen
Comment replies:
Diana - The ice cream carton is 1 1/2 quarts.  They used to be a gallon but a few years ago they started making the containers smaller but kept the price the same.  The ice cream usually costs $4.99 and that is why we get so many when they go on sale.

Eileen - Hagan is our favorite but we like Turkey Hill too and get either when they go on sale.  

Lindy - Sorry, but I forgot to answer your bird question last time.  I haven't seen any Cardinals in the pine trees lately.  In fact I haven't seen any birds around the yard at all and I do keep feeders out.

15 comments:

Vee said...

It was really fun to see things from Ken's viewpoint. =D Your orange jacket shows up very nicely!

Anonymous said...

Your snow pictures are so pretty, but it looks cooold, especially with the horse sticking its head through the metal bars!

I had to laugh at your comment about "It's been a lazy kind of day..." I don't think you and Ken ever have lazy days - you're always busy accomplishing something! :)

Happy weekend -

Lindy

Dianna said...

Another snowy day...and haven't the last few snows been beautiful? I love it!

Thanks so much for sharing your day. I'll look forward to seeing the puzzle when it is finished, as well as the blue baby hat. :)

Have a wonderful day tomorrow at church!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love snowy days like that. Have a great rest of the weekend.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow - a very snowy day indeed. Looks so nice and cozy! We went for a walk this afternoon and it was too warm even for a jacket. Enjoy your Sunday. You have inspired me to start another puzzle soon - maybe even tonight!

Beate said...

I love those snowy pictures! :) And I'd love going for walks there, too. The horses are so cute. Good shot on the one sniffing your hand.

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend :)

The Furry Gnome said...

The snow changes your pictures of roads around town so much!

Jeanne said...

That was a beautiful walk. I love the horse sniffing your hand shot. Such sweetness there is in animals.

John's Island said...

Every time I click onto your blog I find a photo I think is great. You just do an excellent job with your camera and you definitely have the eye for a good picture. My favorite in todays group is the first one ... it looks like one of those calendar photos. It does seem that you have had a lot of snow lately. Is that normal for your location? I sure wouldn't mind a little more snow out here. I have been meaning to tell you ... remember when you mentioned getting a water flosser machine? It's been a few months ago. That got me thinking I should get one ... wish you could get a commission on it. Anyway, how are you liking yours? I think mine is pretty good ... well, even after brushing my teeth, the water flosser gets a lot of little particles out and that can't be anything but good! It is noisy, though! LOL. Sure enjoy your blog, thanks for sharing. John

eileeninmd said...

Pretty snowy scenes, you are brave to go out walking in the cold snow.. And is that sweatshirt warm enough? I must really be a wimp.. I've been using my treadmill. I love the horses, they are so pretty.. Love the quote. We just tried Green's Chocolate Marshmallow ice cream, very good..Have a happy Sunday!

Nellie said...

Love that orange sweatshirt! You would fit right in here in "Big Orange Country.":-) Lovely pictures of your snow. We've still had none here.

Happy@Home said...

You are a bright spot in the winter landscape.
Loved seeing your visit with the horse.
How neat that you found some coins among all of that snow.

Karen said...

Thank you for answering my question about your screens on my blog. Now I know I'll have to remove some of mine if I want nice pictures like yours. Do you ever feed the horses anything? As usual, your pictures are lovely. Have a wonderful day :)

Optimistic Existentialist said...

There are few things in the universe that I love more than a snowy day :) I am a winter lover through-and-through.

o2bhiking said...

All of your beautiful photos do make me miss real winter sometimes. It's a lot easier to walk here without the snow. I've had a really sore ankle for about a month and it is no worse and no better. It makes walking a little painful. Not sure what I did or how to heal it.