Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, August 22, 2014

Home

Picture of the Day
Pretty and Pink
❤     ❤     ❤     ❤

This morning it was 62 degrees and drizzly for my walk.  It never rained hard but a nice steady drizzle.  Kept me nice and cool.

At one point I stopped to listen to the rain gently falling on the soy beans.  It is really a nice sound.

I stayed in town and walked all over the place.  I didn't see anyone else at all.

I saw a big old fat groundhog.  He was the biggest one I've ever seen.

I had a nice 6.2 mile walk.
❤     ❤     ❤     ❤
Thank you all for the kind things you said about my hair cut.  After sleeping on it, I don't like it any better.  I think it needs to grow about 3 inches and I'd be happy.

It is cleaning day for me.
I'm a bit behind in blog reading, but I'll get caught up later.

Hope your day is a happy one.
happyone : )
Some of the worst mistakes in my life were haircuts.
~ Jim Morrison
Three Thankful Things Today
  1. A nice clean house
  2.  Pink flowers
  3. The smell of rain

13 comments:

Nellie said...

Those pink flowers are just lovely! I'll take pink - and red - any time! Perhaps after you shampoo your hair, you will feel differently about it. I like mine short, though, so I wouldn't be happy if it grew three inches.;-)

Kerin said...

Hello...
Very pretty flowers :)
Nice to have the rain to keep you cool on your walk, as well.

I do think your hair cut is cute. It will just take getting used to, because it's different than what you had before. If you still hate it, go back, have the stylist fix it for you. Generally, they are happy to fix your hair and make it so that you are happy with the cut.

Have a great weekend!!

K.

Happy@Home said...

I had to laugh at your quote today. I can relate to that one and it sounds like you can too. I'm hoping that your new cut will grow on you, but if not, there's always the growing out option. Although that can seem like a long wait at times.
Pretty pink flowers on your walk today.

eileeninmd said...

Pretty pink flowers. I want to look for a new hair style and cut too.. Lovely images! Cute quote! Have a happy weekend!

o2bhiking said...

Wow, based on Jim Morrison's life, he must have had some truly dreadful haircuts then!

Well, it will grow back.

I actually like walking in that kind of rain, as I know you do as well. Art

Vee said...

Sounds like a pleasant walk, drizzle and all. As one who agonizes over haircuts, I know what you're saying. If you get a chance, go back and read the comments on that hair post I did when John thought I looked like a terrorist. They were priceless. You'll be laughing like crazy and grateful that you look so cute!

Rick Watson said...

We got a new (used) Nordic Track today. It didn't take long to discover how out of shape I am. I think we got it just in time :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your picture of the day! That's a nice 'sound' image you paint about rain gently falling on the soybeans. :)

Sorry to hear you're still dissatisfied with your haircut. I hope you'll go back to your stylist and have her fix it to your liking.

George said...

I really like the pink blossoms in your first photo. Walking in a light rain as you did this morning is both relaxing and refreshing.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I'm like you, when I cut my hair short, I want it to hurry and grow out. It looks nice though. I love the pink flowers you posted a picture of today. We have had a rainy, cooler week here and I love it. Have a good weekend!

Jeanne said...

There is something very special and spiritual about walking in a light rain. I do it on purpose when I can.

Short hair is hard to get used to, give it time. You might want to have your stylist feather and layer that a bit and it will be adorable. Your lucky to have nice thick hair.

Kerri Farley said...

LOVE those flowers!!!

Ida said...

The pink flower is really pretty. Nice that you had a pleasant rain. We had a Thunderstorm last night with rain and hail. Fun to watch.