Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Another day another walk

A splash of red
✼     ✼     ✼     ✼
60 degrees this morning and cloudy when I started walking.  I walked to the Post Office and dropped off a Netflix in the mail slot.  Looking up at the sky I saw some big black clouds heading my way so walked back home for my umbrella.  It looked like quite a storm was coming.  Headed out again with my umbrella and it was dry half way through town and then I could see it raining really hard down the street but where I was I just had a few drops.  The rain moved off to the east and I never did get the rain.  So turned around and walked back home to drop off the umbrella.  I eventually saw a little blue sky but it did cloud up again and rained after I was back home.

I walked a couple of miles just walking down the road and back home a couple of time and then just finished my walk around town.  Walked the loop behind the ball park and both of the cemeteries. 

A man I often see walking his big white dog was out and we commented on how spotty the rain was.

A couple of pictures walking through town.
I walked 6.2 miles.
✼     ✼     ✼     ✼
Right after breakfast I put a pot roast in the slow cooker with some potatoes and carrots and got supper going.  I like when I can get supper out of the way first thing in the morning.  Then when supper comes along it feels like I didn't even have to cook.

We saw on one of the cooking shows to tenderize meat by rubbing baking soda over it and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour.  Then rinse off the meat real good.  Ken tried it with the Stir Fry he made the other day.  It worked, the meat was very tender.  So I did it with the pot roast too.  I'm really looking forward to supper later.

We went out to do a few errands.  When we got back home, Ken went up to Happy Trails and I stayed home.  As you probably know I have LOTS of daisies in the front yard and I spent some time dead heading them.  I must have cut off a couple hundred spent daisies.  Every time I thought I was done, I'd spot another one.  There are still so many blooming that you can't even tell I cut so many off.  Lots of new buds around too.

Its been a strange weather day.  Raining, sunshine, and cloudy all in little segments and very spotty.  It's been nice a cool though.
I'm off to do a little reading this afternoon.

I'm thankful to enjoy another day in the country.
Hope your day is a good one and you are happy.
happyone : )
✼     ✼     ✼     ✼
Be happy with what you have and are,
be generous with both,
and you won't have to hunt for happiness.
~ William E Gladstone
 Three Thankful Things Today
  1. My little town
  2. Daisies
  3. The smell of the pot roast cooking when we walked in the door
 Comment Replies:
Art - Yes, whenever I see a path of any kind, I want to walk down it. : )

9 comments:

Vee said...

Oh I wish there were a pot roast in the crockpot here! Have you ever made a PW's pot roast? A little more labor intensive, but worth it if you have the time...perhaps on a cool autumn day.

It's weird to watch the rain advance across the lawn as we often can. What's weirder is that your rain missed you! Someone's watching out for you.

o2bhiking said...

OK - what time is supper? ;^)

I like that splash of red - very cheery!

We may be getting some rain here, too, but not yet. Art

renae said...

hey, Karen! I met Art today. We share cancer. He said he saw me here at your fun blog. Never know when or where you'll me a new friend. Man you inspire me. When chemo is history I am going to exercise more. 6 miles. Man I am sure I can figure out a path around my neighborhood to accomplish that first thing in the morning. Thanks lady! (hug)

Craver Vii said...

Once, when I was 5 or 6 years old, I came home from school barely wet and I actually believed I was walking between the raindrops. I still can't explain why I didn't get as soaked as everyone else.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I was hungry while I read this, so reading about a pot roast in the slow cooker certainly didn't help matters LOL!!

eileeninmd said...

I am glad you did not get rained on while outing on your daily walk.. I did not see any rain today, although everything was wet when I left for work.. Your pot roast sounds yummy.. And the daisies sound beautiful.. Have a great evening!

Nellie said...

I love that red flower in the picture! Lucky for you that you missed the rain. I've never tried Netflix. Whenever I read about you returning one, I think that I should investigate it.:-) Great that you had dinner all ready in the slow cooker!

Happy@Home said...

Gosh that pot roast sounds yummy. I'm curious to hear if the tenderizing trick worked. It seems like most meats come out of the crock pot very tender.
Deadheading all of your daisies was a big job, but it will be so worth it in the end.

Kerin said...

Darling little town.
Deadheading the daisies, is something that I need to do as well. I seem to remember seeing something about tenderizing meat that way, but have never tried it. Sounds like it works out well, so one of these times I'll give it a try.
I too like to get dinner going early in the day, and do as much prep as I can, or use the slow cooker.
It makes meal time much more enjoyable.Last night, we finished all the "Thin Man" movies from the 1940's...... they were so delightful. Back to Netflix they go :)

Have a good day.

Kerin