Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A day outside

Up close cone flowers
✻     ✻     ✻     ✻
64 degrees this morning with some sun and clouds.  Walked first to the laundromat to hang up a poster for a church event, then dropped off a Netflix in the slot at the Post Office.  Then I was off walking around the Farm Loop.  There are lots of milkweed plants along the road up past the farms.
There were a whole slew of black birds down by the farms too.  There must have been a hundred of them.

Evalena was sitting out on her new deck and I stopped and we had a nice little chat.

Made a pit stop at home and then walked up the hill behind my house, over to the ball park and around the loop there and back home again.

I walked 6.3 miles.
✻     ✻     ✻     ✻
We've been home today outside in the yard.  It sure felt like summer today here.  But still, it was only in the 80's but it was a humid.  

Ken worked on getting the deck taken apart.  The joists are tough to take apart because they are bolted, screwed, and nailed in places so it is slow going.

I spent the day weeding out by the back shed and made a nice edge around the garden up there.  Took a break and mowed the lawn and then went back to weeding. 

It was so nice to come inside and take a shower.  : )

After supper I think I'm going to take a nice walk around town.  He probably won't want to, but I'll ask Ken if he wants to come with me.

Hope your day has been a happy one and you smiled often.
happyone : )
If you smile when no one else is around,
you really mean it.
~ Andy Rooney
Three Thankful Things Today
  1. Pancakes and strawberries for breakfast
  2. A pretty summer day
  3. A shower when my work was done
Update on Mr Harvey - He was moved from the hospital to the nursing home for rehabilitation but he really wants to go home. Says he wants to get back out on his tractor. He has a long way to go and they are not sure if he will be able to go home.  We are planning to go and visit him tomorrow.

8 comments:

Vee said...

I will pray that Mr. Harvey gets back on his tractor soon. Sounds as if he has plenty of spirit so that is certainly a big plus. Oh the humidity is back here, too. Taking that deck apart sounds like a bugger!

Happy@Home said...

What a beautiful picture of the cone flowers, Karen. I love the sounds of your neighborhood. It seems to be such a friendly place.
My blog reading has been spotty of late and I think I missed learning about Mr. Harvey. I hope his rehabilitation goes well and he is able to go home soon. I will be sure to say a prayer for him.

eileeninmd said...

Karen, Your coneflowers are lovely, one of my favorites.. You have been busy, between walking weeding and cutting grass.. Your quote made me smile, thanks for sharing. Have a great evening!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Sounds like a great summer day working outside. Will send prayers from Mr. Harvey's continued recovery.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you had a physically busy day! The coneflowers are sure pretty.
Prayers for Mr. Harvey.

~Lindy

Nellie said...

What a wonderful productive day you've had! Pancakes and strawberries for breakfast! Yum!

Kerri Farley said...

Oh I LOVE your flowers - and SO GLAD that the Milkweed is blooming :)
Sending Best Wishes to Mr Harvey!!

Kerin said...

Beautiful cone flowers.
Ours haven't begun to bloom yet. They are transplants from the homestead, and so they've been a little slow to mature.

Pancakes sound good... esp. with fresh fruit.

Best of luck to your hubby, as he continues to work on dismantling the deck.