Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Thursday

Took this yesterday.  
When I was a kid we would hold a buttercup under our chins. 
 If it glowed it meant you liked butter.
Field of Buttercups
♡     ♡     ♡     ♡
62 degrees this morning and cloudy with fog and the feel of mist in the air.  I walked the Farm Loop and saw the usual birds, cats, and rabbits.  Walking along I saw a beagle coming down the road towards me on the opposite side of the road.  When he got to me he kept right on going with his nose to the ground.  He was on the trail of something!!!

 I can see some tiny spouts of things starting to grow in some of the fields now.

Coming back to the main road instead of turning right to head back to town, I turned left.  There is a house down that way but you can't see it because it has a long driveway through the woods. There is a sign that says it's a B & B and now there is a for sale sign there.  I walked there to get one of the brochures hoping to see a picture of the house.  There was a picture but just of the outside in black and white and only had three bedrooms and didn't mention anything about a B & B.  I don't usually walk down this far because the road is quite curvy and I have to walk on the shoulder.  I turned around here at Bear Creek and headed back home.
Once I got back to town I only had to walk around town for less than a mile to walk 6.2 miles.
♡     ♡     ♡     ♡
Went to Sherry this morning to have my hair colored and cut - just an inch trimmed off.  That went well so I've had a good hair day.

I didn't get a chance to bake anything yesterday to take to Cherry Hill today and felt bad when someone asked me what I baked for them this week.  One of the residents has taken a liking to me and likes to sit next to me.  She told me  I didn't have to wait for Thursday and could come visit her any time I wanted.  When I get there and when I leave she gives me a hug. : )

I read after lunch and didn't do much of anything else.
The day started cloudy and since mid morning there's been a light rain on and off.  Weather report said we would see the sun today, but so far nothing.  It will probably come out just before it sets.
Oh well, its been a nice day anyway.
Hope your day has been a happy one.
happyone : )
Words of wisdom are spoken by children
at least as often as scientists.
~ James Newman
Three Thankful Things
  1. A field of buttercups
  2. A good hair day
  3. Ken's baking the cake - explain tomorrow

10 comments:

Nellie said...

Yes, it is time for Ken to head to the kitchen and do some cake baking!:-)

I love the field of buttercups! We had some in our yard until the last mowing. I've not noticed them since.

It sounds as though your Cherry Hill visits are really well-received.

Enjoy the evening!

Beth said...

We had that old buttercup saying when I was a child.

What a lovely photo!

Vee said...

If it was raining and you still had a good hair day, it was a good one! Sounds as if you've been adopted at Cherry Hill. Such a cute story and I think that you'll be baking something for next week...Ken was probably in the kitchen baking that cake.

Rick Watson said...

You have a beautiful place to walk. Your photos are remarkable.
R

renae said...

Karen, I have been so absent from seeing your posts. I wish I had time to see every single pic for all the days I've missed. Thanks for the compliment. Wow! YOU MADE MY DAY!!! ♥, Renae

Ruth Hiebert said...

The field of Buttercups is so pretty.I think you must be like a ray of sunshine when you go to Cherry Hill.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Wow that sounds like a warmer morning than usual. I wonder if that beagle was in search of breakfast??

eileeninmd said...

A nice series of images from your walk.. I remember the buttercup saying too. You do have a pretty area to walk around.. Have a happy weekend!

Happy@Home said...

Hooray for good hair days :D.
What a sweet moment at Cherry Hill. I know your visits must be greatly anticipated by the residents.
Hmmm.... Ken's baking... I think I know why, but I'm not saying a word.

o2bhiking said...

I am glad you had a good day. Beagles do not get distracted once they are on the trail of something.

You know, a few years ago, several of us were walking together and we found buttercups and started holding them up to everyone's chin. One person had never heard about that, and I was so surprised. I thought that everyone knew that.