Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, October 26, 2013

A cold crisp morning

Ken left at 6:00 this morning to go to the train show in Tomomium.  I left the house an hour later than usual at 7:30 for my morning walk.  The temperature was the lowest it has been so far at 28 degrees.  BUT the sun came out and there was no wind and it was so nice out!!!  Felt good to walk in the sun for a change. : )

I walked first to the library and dropped a book in the slot and then went to the ATM at the bank.  Stopped home to drop off the money and then walked around the farm loop.  I saw farmer George drive by in his truck and another farmer out harvesting some more of his corn.  They were the only people I saw.

The cows were around but none came down to the fence and I saw a raccoon that didn't make it across the road in time.

The sun is just making it's way over the mountain and I'm about to start walking in the sun. : )
 It must get pretty windy up here because look at how that tree looks all blown to one side.
Now that the leaves are gone from this tree, I noticed two bird nests have been exposed.
I walked back to town, around the loop behind the ball park and then home.  What a beautiful clear crisp morning it was.
Walked 6.1 miles - 12,320 steps.
Sunrise: 7:39
Sunset: 6:22
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It stayed sunny but it got pretty windy as the day went on and it stayed quite chilly.
I set up the ironing board in front of the television, put an I Love Lucy DVD on and ironed 13 shirts.  I don't have to iron Ken works shirts anymore but do still have some ironing to do and I let it go way too long.  I had a couple of new blouses that I've never worn yet because I hadn't ironed them.  I'm all caught up now and plan not to go so long again.

I straightened up a few closets,  cleaned my office, and did a little coloring.  After getting the mail,  even though it was pretty chilly, I put up my hood and sat in the swing in the yard for about 20 minutes swinging and enjoying the sun. : )

I'm on my own tonight for supper and haven't decided yet what I'll have. Maybe I'll skip it altogether and have a bowl of ice cream. : )

Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone : )
In every walk with nature
one receives far more than he seeks.
~John Muir
Comment replies:
Vee - I really haven't noticed the wind blowing so far, but as a rule mornings are calm and the wind picks up during the day.  It must get pretty windy though at times as you can tell from the picture of the tree today.
We did go out last night - Ledo's - salads and cheese pizza.  

5 comments:

Nellie said...

I should take inspiration from you. I, too, have let the ironing go far too long. It isn't a chore that brings about any excitement for me.:-)

Salad and pizza! Sounds good to me!

Vee said...

I went to bed for a nap and woke up to John's return with a pizza. Lovely! No making supper. When I'm home alone, I have a bowl of Cheerios. It's a great supper. Now about that tree...it sure is bent into the wind. Sounds as if this weather system extends way south...Judy said there was frost in Nashville this morning.

Gert said...

Hello there! I just found you on Helens blog! Love how you write along with your outlook on life...(as we all should be!!) I always..always loved to go out for a walk...and truly desire that right now after reading your post! But I have MS and feel blessed to still be able to walk around the house!

Blessings,
Gert

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I really love that cemetery shot. Not to sound morbid but cemeteries are very scenic sometimes.

The Furry Gnome said...

Hope you enjoyed the ice cream!