Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, September 13, 2013

Another enjoyable walk

I left about 10  minutes earlier than I usually do and it was pretty dark out yet so I walked around town where there are street lights until it got a bit lighter than walked the farm loop route.  It was a nice 55 degrees out and though I did see some sun for a while it was mostly cloudy.

The heron flew over my head and landed in one of the little farm ponds.  I don't get to see him very often so it is always a treat when I do.

I was walking along and one of the farmers drove by in his pickup truck and stopped to say hi to me.  He said, "You sure are persistent in your walking.  I see you most every day."  I've seen him before at his farm and we have said Good Morning a few times.  I started to ask him a question about the corn on his farm and he started to answer but then a couple of cars came by so he had to move on.  Funny they were the only cars that passed along a two mile stretch of road!!  Anyway, I'll see him again at the farm and then I'll ask my questions.  Maybe I can find out some things about cows too.  : )

This is down the road from the first picture I took, just past the trees.  Beyond those buildings is the main road.
 Here I am back to the main road and about a half mile or so from home.
Another enjoyable walk.  Ken smiles when I say that and says, "That's what you always say."
I walked 6.1 miles - 12,164 miles.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cheryl arrives tomorrow and I spruced up her room today.  : )

Went to the Shop and Shop to pick up some things.  Some good sales and we saved some money!!

Ken was reading the paper this afternoon and came across an auction tonight in Frostburg.  So we made some sandwiches, packed them in our little cooler with drinks and chips off we went to check it out.  We looked things over but didn't find anything to tempt us but we stayed for a while, ate our supper, watched things a little longer and then left. 

So that's been my Friday.
Hope you took time to find the beauty around you today.
happyone : )
Though we travel the world over
to find the beautiful,
we must carry it with us
or we will find it not.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 comments:

Vee said...

Love that farm scene... Have a fun weekend with Cheryl!

The Furry Gnome said...

You're getting noticed in the neighbourhood!

Anonymous said...

Say "hello" to Cheryl for me. I'm glad she could visit. I know you will all enjoy it. Mary Jo