Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, August 02, 2013

Found it : )

This morning it was 55 degrees and another walk around town for me.  It was a little cloudy at first but soon the sun was out and shining. 
I didn't see anyone else out walking but did see a little stone man standing in some one's garden as I passed by. 
I saw Bird put out the OPEN sign in front of her bakery but made sure I didn't walk past.  Didn't want to be tempted!! : )

Workers were out clearing the weeds away from the guard rail.  I thought the weeds were pretty along the road and liked the weeds there.  They've been clearing them out for days now.  Maybe making room for all the snow this winter!? : )
Today I walked 6.1 miles which were 11,651 steps for me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I woke up in the middle of the night last night and just couldn't stop thinking about where I could have put that Body Electric CD.  I tried to be logical and came up with a place I haven't looked yet.  One of my knitting totes.  I thought of that because it was one of the last things I brought into the trailer.  I haven't knitted since we've moved so forgot about the tote.  I also remembered, I thought I might do some exercises in the trailer so thought perhaps I just stuck the CD in there.  I almost got up in the middle of the night to check but waited until morning.  Sure enough there it was.  Oh I was so happy that I finally found it.  : )

Right after walking and breakfast we headed up to HT and trimmed the rest of the trees along the driveway and got it all cleared out.  Then we started to move the trailer in a position that we would be able to turn it around and drive it down the hill.  Ken used the tractor to pull it up a bit and start to turn it.  Then we hooked up the trailer to the truck and backed it up and got it into position.
Unhitched the trailer and left the trailer there till we decide to bring it to the house.  Next time Ken will back the truck up to the trailer and then be able to just drive it down the hill.  It was a little bit tricky to get everything just right but with prayers and Ken's driving skill we did it.

Doing that took us past lunch time so when we finally got home to eat we were starving.  Though we did have a nice sunny afternoon I just didn't feel like mowing the lawn so that is put off yet again.

Last night we started watching the masterpiece theater series of Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens from netflix.  I have the book but have never read it and so I started reading it today too and have just read the first chapter.  I'm going to try to read it as fast as we watch it.  So I guess we won't watch the second episode until I catch up.  We may take a long time to finish watching the show because the book has over 788 pages in it!!

Tonight I think I'll do a little knitting while watching television.  It's been a while since I've had time to knit.  I'm going to start on a little pair of mittens and a hat for a new baby boy.  : )

So that's about it for today.
Oh I just remembered for my snack tonight I'm going to have an ice cream sandwich.  : )

Hope you had a great Friday.
happyone  : )
Spend your life with those who make you happy,
not those you have to impress.
~Unknown

6 comments:

Vee said...

Such self-control! Loved the description of the Open Sign going up at the bakery.

I found some Body Electric vids at YT so I know what you're talking about. So glad that you remembered where the video was.

They've been cutting back the overgrowth here, too. It looks worse, but we can see better. Some of the branches were literally scraping the vehicles.

Hope you sell your RV easily and quickly. You won't miss it at all?

Deb J. in Utah said...

So glad you found the CD you were looking for...have a great weekend.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Glad you found the cd- things like that just bug me...I probably would have gotten up in the middle of the night just to check.

Anonymous said...

I was surprised to learn you are selling the trailer. Hope that goes well for you.
Sounds like you're going to be very busy reading! MJ

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Kudos on finding the CD. And I love that little stone man. As far as passing up the bakery...you have more will power than me :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you're making progress on Happy Trails, looking forward to hearing what you do next.