Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself;
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today.
I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet.
I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.
~Groucho Marx

Translate

Follow by Email

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Home Today

It looked like rain this morning so I took along my umbrella, but it never rained, so it just became a walking stick. : )
We haven't been setting the alarm any more now that Ken doesn't have to get up and go to work but most days I still wake up at 6:00.  Today though I didn't wake up till 7:30!!!! so got a late start on my walk.

I saw quite a few school buses around picking up kids and holding up traffic but by the time I made it over to the school, the kids were all in school and traffic was back to normal.

Walking down the road I took this picture and put an arrow where I figured my house is.  I'm about 2 1/2 miles away from home here.
Just another picture of some cows.  For some reason I'm fascinated with cows.  I'll have to meet a farmer one of these days and maybe be able to meet one.  They are curious creatures and seem gentle for being so big.
Just a shortish walk today.  Since it was late and I didn't eat yet, I was really hungry so headed home sooner to eat breakfast.

I walked 4.8 miles - 9,468 steps.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The eBay auction for our trailer ended today at 12:00 and unfortunately it didn't sell.

I made some chocolate chip cookies today for the first time since we moved here.  It's a good oven - exactly 10 minutes baking time and they came out perfectly.

It's been a cloudy day with rain showers so we've just been at home.  Sometimes it's nice to have a stay at home day. : )

Hope your Tuesday is a good one.
happyone : )
It is our choices that show
what we really are,
far more than our abilities.
~ J. K. Rowling

6 comments:

  1. How true that quote from J.K.Rowling is!

    Glad you've had a good day. We haven't set our alarm clock since we've retired, either, and we seem to awaken most mornings no later than 6:30.

    We need one of those cameras set out at our garden to see what is having fun with our corn!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you mind shipping me some of those chocolate chip cookies? Please and thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must have needed your rest. A rainy day is good once in a while. Guess we are going to get more rain again. Nothing I can do about it so I might as well make the best of it. It would be a good time to clean the garage. No, there is never a good time for that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE those MOOS too :) Sometimes it's good to sleep in :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to some chocolate chip cookies! MJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is great that you can leave that alarm clock off!

    ReplyDelete

Hello my friend.
Thanks for stopping by.
I'm hoping you will leave a comment.
Thanks. : )