Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, June 15, 2013

One more trip done

We made it up to Happy Trails yesterday without any trouble at all.  We were a bit concerned because of all the storms and wondered how the shed held up.  We needn't have worried.  The tarp on the roof was the same as we left it and though we had 2 1/2 inches of rain up there, all of our things inside the building were safe and dry.
Here's the picture of the truck with the trailer all loaded under the tarps which were spider webbed with bungees and rope arriving at HT.

On the drive up I usually stay awake but this time I dozed for a couple of minutes and dreamed that I looked out of the side mirror and saw the tarp blow off the back of the trailer and truck.  I yelled out and that is what woke me up and for a second I thought it really happened.  I scared Ken when I yelled and he thought something happened.  Then when we realized that I had fallen asleep we got a good laugh out of it.

It took us a couple of hours to unload and pack everything in the shed.  It was 7:30 before we got cleaned up and went out for something to eat. 

We were up bright and early and came back home to a pretty empty house.  We brought the trailer home again and think maybe one more trip will just about do it.  Then there will just be odds and ends and the things we are using every day to bring up. 

The weather today is beautiful.  Low humidity and lots of sunshine.
We sat out on the deck and read for a little while.  Nice to sit and relax for a bit. 

Didn't walk this morning because we left so early. I often say I will walk later in the day if I don't in the morning and then don't but since it is so nice out I just might actually get out there this evening. : )


Hope your Saturday is sunny and bright. 
happyone : )
The really happy people
are the ones who can enjoy the scenery 
even when they have to take a detour.
~Anonymous
Comment replies:
Vee - you are right on when you say one person is the packer.  It works fine with me that Ken is the packer! : ) 

3 comments:

Vee said...

You two are amazing...glad that you're seeing light at the end of the tunnel. Hope that you have a quiet and relaxing weekend. Say, have you checked out the local commissary in your new area?

Cheryl said...

That's quite a load you and Ken were able to bring up. What a big job moving is, especially so far away and one load at a time. It's been an inspiration to witness how well you guys have been doing it. I can't wait till you can relax, knowing that the move is behind you.

Wish Ken a Happy Fathers Day for me. Enjoy this day.

Kerri Farley said...

What a great team you you two make!