Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A new record

Yesterday after supper I was very close to my best personal step count on my Striiv so I went for a little walk around the neighborhood to beat it.  These are pictures of my striiv screens for steps and miles.  I got 10,000 extra energy points for it.

This morning I walked around the lake again.  The weather was just like yesterday.  Cloudy, looking like rain and very humid but it never did rain. 
I saw some bunnies, the usual birds, the little frog again from yesterday and there were a few more geese around.  Not a lot, but more than yesterday.  I guess they'll slowly came around again. 

I walked 6.2 miles.

Tuesday is knitting group day so I took along a baby blanket I'm knitting on and left at 9:45.  I usually take a people count but forgot to today, but there were about 14 of us there.  My days are numbered with this group and it is another thing I will miss when we move.  I checked to see if there was a knitting group near the new house, but there isn't.  I'm thinking I'll start one.

Ken did most of the work but I helped a little and another truck load is packed up and ready to go up to HT tomorrow morning.  It is hard for me to help  because Ken is a very good packer and likes to work alone when fitting everything in just so.  I just cause more work for him by 'helping' him.  : ) 

The sun came out and it ended up being hot and humid - feels like the middle of summer today!!

Hope your day is a happy one.
Happyone  : )
The bet time to do something worthwhile
is between yesterday and tomorrow.
~Anonymous
Comment replies:
Kim - I searched on my old blog and found the entry where I met Cheryl.  Thought you might like to read it.

13 comments:

Happy@Home said...

Thanks for sending me to the post about meeting Cheryl. Wow, that's a great way to surprise the gals and make new friends in the process.
I have no doubts that you will start a knitting group in your new neighborhood, if that's what you decide to do.
The humidity has arrived here too. I'm so not a fan :/.

Nellie said...

Wow! I am impressed with your steps from Monday!

Surely there will be some knitters where you are moving. It will be good to organize a group.

I send you wishes for safe travels to HT tomorrow! It sounds like there are some big plans for projects.

I am no fan of hot and humid weather. Hopefully thee will be a break in that kind of weather.

Debbie Jones said...

Wow, what a record! Over 11 miles! Good for you! I think it is great that you are going to start your own knitting club in your new hometown! If I lived close I'd join and you could teach me to knit! Have a great evening.

Beth said...

Congratulations on your record breaking steps!

Kerri Farley said...

Congrats on the new record! and have fun up at HT!!!

Kerri Farley said...

AND- i think it is a great idea for you to start a knitting group!!!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Yes it was very hot here the last two days as well. I'm already ready for autumn!! LOL.

Goosey said...

You put me to shame with your walking, well done.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Able to pack well! A wonderful trait, in a husband! Really!!!!!

Vee said...

That would be wonderful to start a knitting group in your new community. It sounds like fun!

Retired Knitter said...

A very impressive step total, but I am not surprised. What does surprise me is that you don't hit that level more often.

Our knitting group will definitely miss your smiling face! No one will be able to replace Happy One!

o2bhiking said...

That's a lot of steps! I know that tires one's legs out. Maybe you can pop in on your knitting group from time to time.

Cheryl said...

Congrats on your personal best!! I just completed 4 weeks of walking and reached 113 miles. That's a very big deal for me. I'd love to beat that next month, but a lot of my time will be taken up by swimming.

I hope you and Ken have a great time on your trip to HT.

Thanks for sharing the story of how we met. Hard to believe its been over 5 years. Where does the time go?