Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, April 22, 2013

Some good finds

A bit chilly out walking this morning, only 31 degrees, but there was no wind and the sun came out and warmed it up to 42 by the time I got back home.
It's been a while since I've been around the lake so I walked there this morning.  Nice to get back to my lake.  That is one thing I miss when we are up at Happy Trails.

The heron was down by the water and I watched him fly off across the lake.  There were quite a few bunnies around, all the usual birds chattering away and the geese as well.  As usual for a Monday there were only a few people out.  There were a few fishermen just arriving and all was well at my lake. : )

I found a penny this morning but yesterday was a good coin day - a dime and four pennies.

Today I walked 6.1 miles.
****************************************
I guess you're wondering what Ken came home with Saturday from the auction.  I took this picture standing on the deck as he backed into the driveway.  Those blue water barrels will come in very handy for our water.
This snow plow will fit on the front of the tractor.
We can have a nice fire in this caldron.
He also came home with chains, hand forged fire utensils, a hand plow, a shop vac, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things.  All good things that we can use!!  He did well and only spent a little over $200!!

Stopped in at the library to pick up a book that was being held for me and that's the only one I came home with!!  The book is These is My Words, The Diary of Sarah Agnes Prine, 1881-1901 Arizona Territories by Nancy E. Turner and it was recommended by Mary from My life in Scotland, a blogger friend of mine.  It is her favorite all time book so I just had to read it with a recommendation like that!  I'm looking forward to starting it later.

We've just finished lunch and Ken is outside changing the oil in the truck.  I'm thinking about going out and washing my car when he's done.  It sure needs it, but I really don't feel like doing it. 

Now I'm off to read some blogs.
Hope your Monday is sunny and bright.
Happyone : )
There are souls in this world which have the gift of finding joy everywhere
and of leaving it behind them when they go.
~ Frederick W. Faber
Edit:
I did wash my car and feel really good that I did.  
Once I got going I enjoyed it. : )
Ken offered to help but I said I'd rather do it alone.
Now he's washing car.

9 comments:

Debbie Jones said...

Great finds! I love that caldron and sure with I could find some water storage containers like those! I have read "These is my Words" and loved it! Excellent book. I'm sure you will enjoy it! Have a great day!

Happy@Home said...

Looks like Ken made out well at the auction.
I'm not familiar with that book, but am looking forward to hearing how you like it. Seems you can't go wrong with a recommendation like that and the previous comment.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Good stuff!!! Good, good stuff!!!!

"Auntie" sezzzzzz...: Thank You to Canada!!!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Ken did great at the auction... He got some great items for you all.... And the price was right!!!

Glad you got your car washed... We went hiking at Fall Creek Falls yesterday --and had a wonderful day...

Hope you have a great day.
Hugs,
Betsy

Kerri Farley said...

HE is a GREAT Bargain Hunter!! Super deals!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

You painted a beautiful Monday morning scene my friend :-)

Vee said...

Ken obviously didn't want to miss out on any car washing fun. I just had the oil changed in my car and part of the package is a run through the car wash and a vacuuming. Such a great deal and it felt so much better to be driving a clean car!

Your header is fantastic by the way. And those finds were, too. Such good uses for everything.

Nellie said...

Super finds that Ken brought home! Isn't it good to know that you have a use for all of it?

o2bhiking said...

Your water jugs make me think of my time long ago of hauling water when our well was dry. Not fun!