Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Hot water

We had a thunderstorm last night and it was nice to be in the trailer and listening to the storm and the rain coming down on the roof. 
By morning the rain had stopped but it was foggy and so it was kind of misting as I headed down the road and walked into town.
I like this house that I pass on the way into town.  I'd like the  house we build up here at Happy Trails to be one like this.  Not brick though, it would be the board and batten that we have on the tractor barn.
 I saw lots of bird today.  Robins, red winged black birds, a killdeer, wrens, and several turkeys.  I believe this weekend up here is hunting season for the turkeys.

I walked up a few side street and discovered another little park with had a fire pit, some picnic tables and a volley ball court.  I didn't have time to see if there were any trails to walk along there, but will check it out the next time I walk up that way.

I walked 5.2 miles by the time Ken picked me up and we went to the post office.  I had already walked past it two times while walking.

Back at the trailer Ken went to straighten things up in the barn and I stayed inside since it wasn't that nice out.  I cleaned things up in the trailer and then read.

In the afternoon Ken worked on getting the water heater working and he had it fixed in no time.  Oh how nice it is to be able to take a hot shower.

The weather cleared up and we ended up having a nice day.  I cleared out some more branches and trees out of Babbling Brook for a while and then helped Ken finish up the siding on the back of the barn.  





We ate lunch and supper both at the trailer today.  I had made chili back home and we brought that and ate that for supper.

Still we made a trip to McDonalds so I could blog!  Don't have as much time as I would like, so can't get to visit you all.  But I'll get there eventually.

Hope your day was a happy one.
Happyone : )

9 comments:

o2bhiking said...

Sounds like a nice day, a little of this, a little of that. My day was a lot of working, very little of anything else. :^)

Nellie said...

This sounds like such a good day! It will be fun to build that house! We had fun when we built this one.

Debbie Jones said...

I love the pictures, especially the one with the fog. That is a great looking house - so neatly kept and inviting! Glad things are going well. Enjoy the rest of the week!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Sounds like you ended up having a nice day afterall. Our day was just the opposite. We started out with sunshine and ended up with storms all around us. Luckily, we didn't have anything severe here though..

Glad you are getting lots done --and can take showers now!!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Vee said...

How pleasant to be able to take a nice hot shower. John has been clearing brush at his place and I've been clearing the forsythia thicket. I was worried about ticks and sure enough..John had one. Needless to say, hot showers were in order. Hope you find some nice new trails to walk.

Beth said...

I like the brick home too. It is so pretty with the forsythia and tulip tree by it.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

fog and mist make a lovely, spooky pic!

hooray for hot water. i thought of you yesterday, when turning on some water here. -smile-

so glad you cleared some more stuff out of your babbling brook!!!!!!!!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

It's funny you mention Killdeer. I used to see those frequently as a little boy but I honestly don't think I've seen one in years. It's probably because it's too hilly in the area that I live now.

Happy@Home said...

Oh that house is cute and looks like a good size for the two of you.
Hooray for hot water in the shower.