Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, March 18, 2013

Foggy, but doing good : )

Hi everyone! : )
Thanks so much for all the prayers, good thoughts, concerns, well wishes, cards, emails, and food that you, my many friends, have passed along.  They all help more than you know.  Each day when I count my blessings, I think of you all. : )

I am feeling quite a bit better and if not for the antibiotics I'm taking would be fine.  These drugs put me in a fog.  I had to stop taking one of the meds because it made my feet numb so now I'm just on the one and have to keep taking it until there are no more pills left.  I take the last pill Sunday night. : )

I'm not going to start walking again until next Tuesday and will start out slowly, but I sure am looking forward to it.

I didn't go to Sunday school yesterday but Ken drove me to church and I sat through most of the service.  I left a bit early and Ken picked up me. 

I've been doing some reading but mostly haven't gotten much done.
Ken has been such a blessing through everything and I really don't know what I'd do without him.  He even keeps me laughing. : )

I'm trying to do some work around the house today but take it in small doses and rest.  Many things I try Ken takes over for me!  : )
Later on this afternoon we are going to take a trip to the library.


I have always tried to eat good but have been more concerned on the calories and my weight.  But that is going to change and I'm going to eat more of the fruits and vegetables like I always say I should.  I keep a food journal anyway so it won't be hard for me to keep tract of more than just the calories.  Ken has made up a chart for me to keep track easily of the foods I eat.  I can just check off the little boxes and know I'm eating what I should be eating.

I feel ready to start blogging again so here I am.
Thanks again for all your concern. : )
Have a wonderful Monday and don't forget to count your blessings!

Till next time......
Happyone : )
The greatest wealth is health.
~Virgil

17 comments:

Beth said...

I am so glad you are feeling better! Soon you will be able to walk again!

HUGS!!!

Nellie said...

It is good to hear that you are feeling better! Just in time for spring, too!

SusieCraft said...

Hi Karen,
Glad to hear you continue to recover. These things can leave a person really weak, so take it slowly especially at first. I know you will be on a high fiber regimen and that hopefully will keep another episode at bay! Thinking of you!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

SOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD TO SEE YOU ON THE NET!!!

Now I will read your post! :-)

"Auntie"

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to Blogland.
You're good company even when you're in a fog!
Ken's chart will be so helpful. I love the way you two work together!
Have a good week, Happyone.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

First, you spoke to doc, about stopping one med, yes? :-) Yes, "Auntie" is checking up on you. -grin-

"...but have been more concerned on the calories and my weight." Bingo! I said that, immediately.

Hooray for paying more attention to fruits and veggies!

That's a marvelous chart which Ken made up for you.

Rest! And then, rest some more. All of what you want to dooooooo, will be there, tomorrow and the next day. PLEASE........

Hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs,
"Auntie"

Vee said...

Delighted to find you here and feeling better. It's a process and you will find your way through I know. How eager you must be to get back to walking! I will be intrigued by your new eating plan...

Happy@Home said...

It made my morning to see a post from you and so glad to know that you are feeling better. You have been in my thoughts and prayers.
Three cheers for Ken for taking such good care of you. The new eating chart looks great.
Your quote today is so true. The older I get the more I am convinced of it.
Take care. XO

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Glad you're feeling better my friend! We miss you :)

Anita said...

We thank God "it came to pass", it didn't come to stay!

dot said...

Sorry to hear you have been sick. It's great that you have Ken there to look out for you.

Sunflower Days said...

So glad you are feeling better, please take it slow and let Ken help you! I love you and want you to feel better soon and get back to normal! Fondly, Pam

Debbie Jones said...

Glad to hear that you are on the mend! Stick to the fruit and veggie plan. You husbands sounds like such a nice guy. What a blessing. Enjoy your Monday. So glad you are back. I have missed your posts!

o2bhiking said...

It's always good to count one's blessings, every day. Glad you are on the mend, hope you feel a little better each day. Art

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Bless your heart... I'm so glad to hear from you and know that you are feeling better. I cannot imagine YOU (one of the healthiest people I know) EVER being sick... Glad you are on the mend. Just do what you said and take it SLOWLY...

God Bless...
Hugs and Prayers,
Betsy

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Pleased you are beginning to feel better. Eating food for better health will be a good thing (there're more important things than trying to keep our weight really low) and I'm sure you'll love to be out walking agin very soon.

Cheryl said...

So good to see you back. I know it will seem like a long time, but soon you'll be back to your energetic self.