Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, March 30, 2013

A package

Outside walking at 6:40.  Temperature was 31 degrees and when the sun came up later it stayed out in a blue sky along with some big white clouds.  A nice morning for walking.
I walked a shorter version of one of my connect the path routes.
It was just me and the birds out this morning and there were lots of them.  They were very busy flitting here and there and chattering away.  Birds always seem to be busy and happy. : )

I walked 4.5 miles.
Sunrise 6:55
Sunset 7:30
********************************************
In the morning we went out and about here and there doing a few errands.   We went early when there weren't many people out yet.

We got home and pulling around back in the driveway Ken noticed a little box in the driveway by the garage and on picking it up discovered it was for me. : )
Blogger and friend Kim from Happy@Home sent me a note saying she was sorry to hear of my hospital stay, a little book of quotes, and this cute ladybug.  How thought of you Kim.  Thank you so much.  You remember I love ladybugs and I will be using many of the quotes on my blog.  : ) 
 **************************************************
After lunch I sewed some squares together and read a little.
Remember those mini bird houses I bought last week?  Well today I painted them and they are now hanging on the pegs of the shelf in my bedroom.
If you're of a mind to see how they turned out click HERE.

Just the usual evening at home again - nothing special but we're happy and content and glad to be home.

It's been a pretty nice day. Still a bit cool for sitting out on the deck but it was sunny and we enjoyed the day.

Hope you enjoyed your day and it is beginning to feel more like spring where you are.
Happyone : )
In the bonds of death He lay
Who for our offence was slain;
But the Lord is risen to-day,
Christ hath brought us life again,
Wherefore let us all rejoice,
Singing loud, with cheerful voice,
Hallelujah!
~ Martin Luther

7 comments:

Nellie said...

It's good to hear that you are able to increase your walking distance!

What a surprise to find a box waiting for you! Receiving unexpected mail is awesome!

Enjoy your evening!

Vee said...

Oh Kim is so sweet! Look at you go with the walking...bet you're feeling great. (I didn't know that Ken had two blogs.)

Beth said...

I am so glad you are feeling so much better.

That was a lovely gift from your friend.

Debbie Jones said...

Looks like such a beautiful walk! I love how our bird houses turned out! They are so happy and cute there on that shelf. That was very nice of your blogging friend to send such a thoughtful gift. You and Ken have a wonderful Easter tomorrow!

Happy@Home said...

Glad to see the package arrived safe & sound.
I just went over to see your little birdhouses. They turned out so cute and happy looking :). Looks like it was a fun project.
Happy Easter to you and Ken.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

That is such a neat gift from your friend. Isn't blogging just awesome????

Glad you are able to walk more. Hope you are feeling GREAT now.

Happy Easter to you and yours. God Bless.

Hugs,
Betsy

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

What a sweet gift!

Happy Easter,
"Auntie"