Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, February 18, 2013

Zoom Pictures

I got up a bit late today at 7:00 and didn't start walking until quarter after.  By then the sun was up and out in a bright blue sky so even though it was only 16 degrees it didn't seem that cold.  I headed on over to the lake and walked around it.  A good number of people about enjoying the nice sunny morning.  There were even two fishermen!

I saw quite a few birds by the lake and I used the zoom on my camera to take a few pictures.  They turned out pretty good - so much better than my old camera would have.  I'm really liking this new camera of mine. : )
Cardinal high up in the tree.
Red Winged Black Bird
Heron resting in the sun.
It was great being out in the sunshine.
Steps on my walk today were 12,123.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have a bit of a scratchy throat which started yesterday and hope it doesn't develop into a cold!!
When I got back from walking I made myself some nice hot cream of wheat and added syrup and raisins to it.  It was nice and soothing on my scratchy throat.

I've been looking for a little metal toad to put outside in the front garden by the shoe toad house and found one the other day at Hobby Lobby.  Here he is about to check out his new house.
Did the usual around the house chores this morning.  Ken and I met in the kitchen for a late lunch.

I'm up in my office now and will be here for a while.  Then it's downstairs for a little reading.  We are meeting our friends Jackie and Kerry for supper this evening.  They didn't make the retirement happy hour and want to take us out for a celebration. : )

That's about it for today.
Hope your day is sunny and bright which is what we are having today even though it is COLD.
Till next time.....
A happy day to you.
Happpyone : )
I find that it is not the circumstances in which we are placed,
but the spirit in which we face them,
that constitutes our comfort.
~Elizabeth T King

10 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi There, We have just returned from another great trip to Mt. Nebo, Arkansas. Hope you have had a good week.

Hope you aren't getting sick, Karen. Honey and lemon juice is good for a scratchy throat.

Hugs,
Betsy

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I love red-winged blackbirds!!! I used to see them often where we grew up :)

Nellie said...

Sounds like you are having a good Monday - all except for that scratchy throat! Hope it isn't going to develop into something worse.

Vee said...

You enjoy photography so much that you really do need a good camera. Talent+good camera=great pictures. That cardinal against the blue, blue sky is fantastic. I do love cardinals.

Vee said...

Oh, have a fun evening out with your friends!

Vee said...

Echinacea...

Goosey said...

Keep warm and well, I have never seen a Cardinal bird. And it's so exotic looking. How amazing!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your scratchy throat.
Sure hope it clears up right away. Enjoy dinner out tonight.
Your pictures with new camera are outstanding. Especially the cardinal. I can see his eye!
MJ

Happy@Home said...

Very nice pictures of the birdies on your morning walk.
I will be hoping that your sore throat goes away and doesn't turn into a cold.
The toad is the perfect addition to the toad house. So cute.
Enjoy your dinner tonight.
We had a nice sunny day today, but I was at work for most of it.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Perhaps the scratchy throat, was why you didn't wake up as early as usual...? Perhaps your bod was telling you, time for more rest...?

Hope it doesn't develop into any more.

Bird pics are beeeeeeeeautiful!

"Auntie"