Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, February 06, 2013

A rescued table

Today the temperature was up to 33 degrees.  I thought the sun was going to come out during my walk and I saw some blue sky for a while but then the clouds took over.  I walked my connect the path route with the trail behind the school.
I only saw a couple of other people out.

Two young deer were walking around in the woods and then a little farther up the path I saw an older deer, which I took to be their mom.  I told her the two little ones were coming along. : )
There were a few blue jays around and the best of all was seeing a couple of robins.  That means that spring can't be too far away.

My friend Lin called me while she was walking and we walked and talked for about a mile or so.  We talked while I walked along the trail behind the school and I have no memory of walking there.  That is why I never talk on my phone and drive!!      

It was great walking weather and today I took 12,990 steps.
Sunrise 7:09
Sunset 5:34
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After I finished eating breakfast I went with Ken over to the Savage house and we brought a few more things back home here.  I have an old Ethan Allen trestle table that we've had for 35 years.  It's been a kitchen table, a dinning room table, a work table and has been in the garage for the past 4 years.  It's been painted, stripped, stained and painted again.  I got the idea to put it up in my loft  to use when (if) I have sewing projects.
So Ken and I lugged it up three flights of stairs to the loft and here it sits in pieces against the wall.  I am going to paint the bottom pieces.  I have some pink paint left from when I painted the loft and will paint them pink. The top will keep its light stain.  Of course when I get it painted and put together I'll post a picture.  I guess not many people have a pink table to match pink walls. : )
While we were at Savage Lin, who I talked to this morning walked by and we got to talk again, this time in person. : )

I'm still working on that book I'm reading.  I just have a little more to go and will finish it later.  It's really good and I'll tell you about it once I'm done.

Ken is back over at Savage now getting the last truck load of stuff out of the garage.  We are thinking of making a trip up to Happy Trails in the morning to bring the stuff up there and to see how things are looking covered in snow.

Most of the clouds have moved along and left some room for the sun and blue sky to come through.  So nice to see some sunshine and the temperature is in the 40's.  : )

After supper we are going to the library.  I'm going to try very hard not to get out any more books!!
 
That's it for today.
Till next time........
A happy day to you.
Happyone : )
Let it go.
The troubles of yesterday should stay in the past.
Today is another chance to find hope in this world.
~Leon Brown

9 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I look forward to seeing the finished product of the rescued table!!

Beth said...

I really relate to the quote by Leon Brown.

Vee said...

You may feel inclined to work on a sewing project if you have a nice big table to work on. I have three tables in my little sewing room and I still use the top of my bed sometimes. I see that no one's having trouble coming up with plans for how to spend the time.

Nellie said...

You have a good project before you! It will be good to see it when you have finished.

Pearl said...

Lovely project!

33 degrees! Can spring be far behind?! I've grown tired of winter, and that's a fact.

Greetings from Minneapolis,

Pearl

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Sounds like a great table --and glad you rescued it... Sounds like one that old should stay in the family!!!!!

We had sunshine and warmer temps today... Felt nice.
Hugs,
Betsy

Debbie Jones said...

That will be a great project table! The sale of your home must be going well since you are taking the last of your things out. Hope you can close on the sale soon. Enjoy your time up at Happy Trails!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Wondering where this stuff is going, for now? Other than the table that is...

Happy@Home said...

Looks like a great use for your table and I look forward to seeing it's new pink legs.
I think more people should refrain from talking on the phone while driving. I continue to be shocked at the absent minded things I see people doing behind the wheel. Kind of scary.