Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, January 06, 2013

Glorious Day

We sang this song at church this morning.  I  knew the chorus but never new the verses of the song.  

Glorious Day

One day when heaven was filled with His praises,
One day when sin was as black as could be.
Jesus came forth to be born of a virgin,
dwelt among men, my example is He.
The Word became flesh and the Light shined among us.
His glory revealed.

One day they led Him up Calvary's mountain.
One day they nailed Him to die on a tree.
Suffering anguish, despised and rejected,
bearing our sins,  my Redeemer is He.
The hands that healed nations stretched out on a tree
and took the nails for me.

One day the grave could conceal Him no longer.
One day the stone rolled away from the door.
Then He arose, over death He had conquered.
Now is ascended, my Lord evermore.
Death could not hold Him, the grave could not keep Him
from rising again.

Chorus
Living, He loved me.
Dying He saved me.
Buried, He carried my sins far away.
Rising He justified 
freely forever.
One day He's coming,
O glorious day.
O glorious day.

A blessed Sunday to you my friends.
Happyone

6 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

What a beautiful song for a wonderful Sunday :)

Debbie Jones said...

What a great message this song has. Enjoy the week ahead!

Vee said...

I love that song! Humming my way outta here...

Kerri Farley said...

Lovely!

Beth said...

A beautiful song!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

It was definitely a GLORIOUS day at church. Today was Epiphany Sunday and we celebrated the visit of the Wise Men to the Baby Jesus... What an incredible Sunday.

Hugs,
Betsy