Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Tree lined street

This morning the temperature was 45 degrees and of course dark when I left.  There was some haze around here and there and it felt a bit damp and right at sunrise it was cloudy but by the time I had gotten home the sun was shining.
I walked my circles route which are two streets that go in a circle off of one big circle route.  One of the circle streets was spectacular with these beautiful trees lining both sides the street.  The picture is not very good because it was kind of dark yet.  I've tried to lightened the picture up.  It was just so pretty and amazing to walk down the middle of it all. : )
I didn't see any wild life except for birds and not that many people out either.  Just a couple people walking dogs and a runner.

I found two lucky pennies. : ) 
Walked 6.5 miles.
Sunrise 7:21
Sunset 6:24
*********************
We ended up eating a bowl of the chili last night for supper after all.  Ken had to work late and the last couple hours of cooking the chili I turned the crock pot on high and it was done by the time Ken got home.  I like to sprinkle some cheddar cheese on top of by bowl of chili.  It was delicious and it's very easy to make.  If you'd like the recipe you can find it HERE. I made plenty so there is enough for another meal or two.
********************
Today is a day at home for me.  Was going to meet a friend for lunch, but something came up and she had to cancel but we made new plans for next week and we can now look forward to that.

I've cleaned a little, read a little, knitted a little, and daydreamed a little.  : )
Planned on leaving for Happy Trails when Ken got home from work but not sure now because of the weather.  Rain is on the way so we shall have to see.  Maybe we'll leave tomorrow or perhaps not go this weekend after all.

House for sale update:
The young couple did come back for a second look - they are going away for a week and will decide when they get back.
Two more house showings happening this weekend. 
We are optimistic!! : )

I wish for you, a bright happy day.
Happyone : )
 I would rather sit on a pumpkin
and have it all to myself
than be crowded on a velvet cushion.
~Henry David Thoreau
Comment replies from yesterday:
Vee, No I really don't get lost.  I may lose my way for a bit, but I'm never lost! : )

10 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

Great news about the house showing!! My fingers are crossed for you :)

Happy@Home said...

That looks like a beautiful circle to walk in.
I'm so happy to know that I'm not the only one who does a bit of daydreaming on those at home days:).
The update on your house sale sounds very encouraging. I'll be thinking good thoughts.

Anonymous said...

All the best wishes for the sale of your house! MJ

Vee said...

Oh the house sale does look encouraging. I'm off to check on the chili recipe... We had the most beautiful day today. I told John that I'd take nine months of days just like this. The rest I'd like about ten degrees warmer. I don't want much, do I? ☺

Beth said...

The trees in the photo are beautiful!

Fingers crossed for the sale of your house.

Nellie said...

Gorgeous picture! It sounds like things may be beginning to happen with the house. That's good to hear.

Shane Pollard said...

That's such a picturesque street for your walk - the colours of the trees is out of this world - lucky YOU!

Wishing you a wonderful weekend
in your neck of the woods!
Shane ♥

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Oh what a beautiful street! What lovely planning, by who ever decided on the tree planting. :-)

I write this on Fri. AM and it is raining, raining, raining. But! My barometer is not sinking any more. That's always a good sign.

I 'trust' my barometer, more than I 'trust' the weather people. -grin-

"Auntie"

Unknown said...

That is a GORGEOUS picture!! The colors seem so much more vibrant this year then last! (Unless it's just because I love this time of year so much. I think I say that about the colors every year!) Have a great weekend!

o2bhiking said...

Beautiful maples! Good luck with the home sale. I know that can be very stressful, but it will happen. The interest rates are crazy low.