Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, October 04, 2012

Changing things around

Another one of those misty humid mornings for walking with a temperature of 67 degrees.  Just a few drops of rain when I started out which become a light shower then back to a few drops and then it stopped altogether and was just cloudy.  I didn't bother bringing my umbrella because it was hot and the rain felt good. : ) 

No special route today just a random walk which took me along some side streets that I hadn't been down in a very long time, along a few paths, and through a few parking lots. 

Along one of the paths I saw four deer.  This one thought he was hiding but he didn't fool me!
I saw seven more deer later along another path.
A few people here and there but for the most part I was alone.  A man stopped his car and asked me for directions to a medical building which he was right in front of!!!!

A lot of times taking a random walk I walk a little farther than I realize and that's what happened today.  I ended up walking 7.3 miles.
I found my first lucky penny for this month. : )
Sunrise 7:07
Sunset 6:45
********************
Last time on a dreary day I read.  Today on the dreary day I did some house cleaning, but the fun kind of cleaning - I changed the living room around a bit.  It took quite a while to get things how I liked them with many different changes taking place.  But I finally got everything in place and was happy with things. 

That's all I've done so far today.  I think I'll eat my afternoon granny smith apple and read a for an hour.

A happy day to you.
Happyone
In the life we might have lived,
the years never pass.
On the person we might have been,
time never leaves its mark.
How different would seem our might-have-beens
if we could picture them as would-be-nows.
~Robert Brault
Comment replies from yesterday:
Thank you one and all for all those nice and kind comments from yesterday. : )
Vee - Instead of telling you the color I'll let you wait to see it on the tractor barn. : )  Hoping we get a lot done this weekend.

8 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

He blends in well!!

Vee said...

Very nice photo of the hiding deer. How'd the hairdo hold up? I had mine done today taking a cue from you. Walked right out into the pouring rain and flattened it but good. Why do I spend my money? Ha! At least it's cute...nooo, it's not cute, but it is cut.

Okay, I'll have to be patient I guess.

Beth said...

You must be very healthy with all of your long walks. Good for you!!

The deer is not fooling anyone, thinking he is hiding. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Have a great long weekend! MJ

Happy@Home said...

It's always fun to have a little (or big) change in a room. I was hoping to see a few pictures of your changes ;).

Nellie said...

I admire your dedication for walking in the rain! You even had more exercise by changing things around in your house! That is almost like moving into a new house. It gives a fresh look.

Have a good evening!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi There, We have a VERY busy weekend since my son is getting married..... Should be TERRIFIC.

We are supposed to have frost on Sunday or Monday.. I hope not. I want to enjoy our roses longer...

Hugs,
Betsy

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Oh these dreary days. I am certainly running out of ideas, for what to do, on them... To keep me sane!!!!! -pout-

How do people live, in places, which are always like this????? Well, I suppose if you were born there, it is part of you. :-)

"Auntie"