Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Another warm sunny day

This morning it was a warm 55 degrees at 6:30 when I left on my walk.  I walked one of my connect the path routes and made a few little tweaks in it.
Part of the footbridge was in need of repair and since the last time I've been down this way it the job has been done.
Only a few people out again this morning and I only came across one man walking his dogs along the paths.
A few deer were scattered here and there, three of which were a mom and her two babies.

Didn't see much of a sunrise this morning.  The sky just got a brightening up and the sun stayed behind the clouds while I walked.

The leaves are all still so pretty and everywhere I look I see beautifully colored trees.  Here's another path I walked down.
I think this must be the prettiest fall I've seen in many years.

I walked 6.3 miles.
Sunrise 6:27
Sunset 6:15
********************
Well we got that pumpkin carved last night.  I think Ken did a great job!!

We kept it turned into the room last night so we could look at it, but from now on we will turn it around and open up the curtains so all who go by can see it too.
********************
Today it was commissary day once again.  Wednesday I think really is the best time for grocery shopping like they say.
I made sure I made time for breakfast today because by lunch time yesterday I was starving!!
I made up my list - just a short one today - kept it to 20 items I could go through the express lane. I had a heck of a time finding Egg Beaters.  Up and down the aisles I went and I finally spotted it.  The reason I had a hard time finding them is because there was only one left!!  Well, I got a few more steps in and I did finally find it. : )
I was sitting at a traffic light and had trucks on all four sides of me.  I felt so small looking up.  I reached over took my camera and snapped a picture.  You can see the headlights of another truck in my rear view mirror.
I was just about home and one of the streets near my house was closed off for some road work. I couldn't go straight or make a left hand turn so I had to make quite a detour to reach my street so I could get home.  But I got home safe and sound, put things away and had some lunch.

Still have a few things to do around the house but nothing urgent.  There will be some time for relaxing too.

The sun did eventually come out today and we are having another summer like day. : )

Hope all is well with you. 
A happy day to you.
Happyone : )
I dressed and went for a walk,
determined not to return 
until I took in what Nature had to offer.
~Raymond Carver

I'd like to thank those of you who left comments and emailed me about the recipe I was trying to find.  I didn't get the exact one, but one that was VERY close to it.  All the recipes sound good and I'll be making all of them.  Thanks again - blogger friends are super!! : )
Oh by the way Auntie I keep forgetting to answer your question about how the two of us finish off a big dessert.  Just keep it covered in the refrigerator and it lasts for days.  There are still two servings left in there now!!

10 comments:

KathyA said...

This morning's sunrise was a little strange -- I kept looking out and you're right -- it just got brighter. The sun finally did appear though, about 9, I think. What a gorgeous day!!

Kerri Farley said...

Love your pathways! And KEN did a GREAT job on the pumpkin!

Vee said...

You are probably buried in Apple Crisp recipes. =D

I don't like getting hemmed in by big trucks either and even your picture made me feel anxious. Ha!

Jack looks very neatly and well done!

Beth said...

A great job on the jack o lantern!!

Happy@Home said...

Very pretty pictures from your walk today.
Ken did do a nice job on the Jack O' Lantern. He is bound to put a smile on the face of all who pass by. We have one, but we haven't carved it yet. Maybe this weekend.

Jeanne said...

Good looking jack - o - lantern! I like the traditional look too.

Anonymous said...

Between the truck traffic and the closed road, I would have been frustrated , but not you Happy One! We need more Happy Ones in our midst.
Is there anything Ken can't do? MJ

Nellie said...

Nice work on that footbridge!

It sounds like you have had a productive day. Quite an adventure with the grocery shopping.:)

Enjoy your evening!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Your finished pumpkin is gorgeous! I'm so glad you will share it (out the window), from now on.

Ouch! Being inside that wall of big trucks... Ouch! Betcha' you were glad when the traffic started moving again! Yikes!!!

And thank you for your answer to my question. The issue is, how do you have the will power, to leave it (dessert) all day long????? And wait till dessert time???? ,-) THAT is today's question. :-)))))

"Auntie"

o2bhiking said...

Cool jack-o-lantren! Sounds like a good day. The trucks sound a bit intimidating!